Slight Knocking sound at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefracdaddy

Reaction score
My Raptor is 4 weeks old and has been off roaded quite a bit. I noticed a slight knocking sound coming from the engine right after I start it up. Any idea what is causing this sound. I havent had any issues with the engine performance or 4wd at all, just a slight knocking sound. Opinions?

OP
OP
T

thefracdaddy

Reaction score
I went outside to record a video, started the truck and......... no knocking noise. Thats about how it goes. If it decides to start making that noise again I will be sure to record a video of it.

Raptor2013

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. It goes away as soon as the oil pressure builds within about two seconds. "It's normal for these engines nothing to worry about". At least that's what ford told me. I cringe everytime I hear it.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same knocking sound every morning at start up. It goes away almost immediately.

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an oil additive called power punch. It keeps the oil up on top and prevents dry starts. Most new fords do the knock. My truck does it too. The punch stops it.

OP
OP
T

thefracdaddy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I will be able to sleep soundly tonight knowing that im not the only one with the knocking sound. I guess im a little gun shy because the 5.4 in my old truck started knocking and 3 weeks later kicked the bucket. Costing me 4k and 3 weeks without a truck.