Slight Engine Knock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Is your truck an 802A and do you have lane keeping assist enabled? There are 3 settings - off, warn, warn and ‘help’

warn shudders the wheel when the truck “detects” that you’re “coloring outside the lines”. Warn and help shudders the wheel and will actively steer back in between the lines as it thinks it should. The thing is, Lucille and her cousins are ... how do I put this politely? A little on the portly side. Big framed. A lot more of them to love.

The lane keeping is in my face quite a bit so maybe that’s something you’re feeling?

I had a girlfriend in high school who had a Ford Maverick. It took her 3 times to pass the driving test and when she did, I have a very strong feeling she might have ‘bribed’ the instructor. She was a careless, inattentive, road menace. She kinda soured me on the Maverick, as it was a frightful experience riding with her.

1) Every time I picture a Ford Maverick I think of the 2 door, nasty pastel green color it came in. Gross haha.

2) The truck is an 802A, but I can feel it with the lane assist off. It's not as in-your-face as the lane assist...maybe about 50% less severity?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You should probably break this out into it’s own discussion, it’s probably getting drown out or less looked at in the “engine knock” discussion.

Yeah... I had a good memory of the Maverick until my G/F 1.5 messed it up for me. Her’s was faded blue with junk yard wheels.

My uncle and his wife 1.0 had one new and kept it for years, I want to say... grabber orange? good looking wheels but admittedly, I was a kid and not even reading hot rod magazines at the time, so pretty much anything was better than my parents’ Olds 4 door...

I don’t think I’ve got anything like your symptoms, but like I said I think you ought to start your own thread on it.