Slight Engine Knock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone felt any feedback in their steering wheel related to the engine knock? I asked the dealer to double check the tire balance and I'm at 500 miles today. I feel slight shuddering in my steering wheel and I'm not sure what to attribute it to.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone felt any feedback in their steering wheel related to the engine knock? I asked the dealer to double check the tire balance and I'm at 500 miles today. I feel slight shuddering in my steering wheel and I'm not sure what to attribute it to.

Thats just the truck rebelling against itself for having such a small engine.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats just the truck rebelling against itself for having such a small engine.

But the small engine out performs the older, larger engine by quite a bit.
But if you drive a Maverick, performance isn't important to you anyway. :iranmaybe:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Huh? Is your truck an 802A and do you have lane keeping assist enabled? There are 3 settings - off, warn, warn and ‘help’

warn shudders the wheel when the truck “detects” that you’re “coloring outside the lines”. Warn and help shudders the wheel and will actively steer back in between the lines as it thinks it should. The thing is, Lucille and her cousins are ... how do I put this politely? A little on the portly side. Big framed. A lot more of them to love.

The lane keeping is in my face quite a bit so maybe that’s something you’re feeling?

I had a girlfriend in high school who had a Ford Maverick. It took her 3 times to pass the driving test and when she did, I have a very strong feeling she might have ‘bribed’ the instructor. She was a careless, inattentive, road menace. She kinda soured me on the Maverick, as it was a frightful experience riding with her.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Is your truck an 802A and do you have lane keeping assist enabled? There are 3 settings - off, warn, warn and ‘help’

warn shudders the wheel when the truck “detects” that you’re “coloring outside the lines”. Warn and help shudders the wheel and will actively steer back in between the lines as it thinks it should. The thing is, Lucille and her cousins are ... how do I put this politely? A little on the portly side. Big framed. A lot more of them to love.

The lane keeping is in my face quite a bit so maybe that’s something you’re feeling?

I had a girlfriend in high school who had a Ford Maverick. It took her 3 times to pass the driving test and when she did, I have a very strong feeling she might have ‘bribed’ the instructor. She was a careless, inattentive, road menace. She kinda soured me on the Maverick, as it was a frightful experience riding with her.

I went to turn lane keeping off and I don't see that option. Only warn or warn and aid I believe, in advanced setting of dash screen?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I went to turn lane keeping off and I don't see that option. Only warn or warn and aid I believe, in advanced setting of dash screen?

You disable lane keep assist via a button behind the shifter on the center console. A way you can tell it’s enabled:

Depending on what display you have, at the bottom center of the display is a “road way” icon
IMG_3144.jpg

While lane keep assist is enabled, once you’re over the threshold speed (it’s in the manual and I don’t remember it ), there are arrow icons on the left and right of the roadway. If you’re within the lines, the arrows are green.
If you get close to a line, that side goes yellow
If you’re really close, on the line or over, the arrow goes red.

If the arrow is red, you either are about to get corrected or you already are being corrected.

In warn, it just vibrates the wheel, and I believe the red arrow flashes.

In warn and aid, it vibrates the wheel, and steers you back. Now, it won’t keep you from doing something insanely stupid, but so far I’ve found it useful.

HTH