Slight Engine Knock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedtek

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I would ask if you could take a listen to yours and report back. I have a Gen 2. Love the truck so far. Although I've only had it for 2 weeks and 500 miles. I have a slight knock that is not the HP fuel pump or injectors. I'm not worried(Yet) as there are a lot of mechanical components moving around in these new engines. With that said, The noise is a faint knock I can here when the truck is running at idle. It is RPM related. I cant here it inside the cabin at all. The best way to here it is to listen through the right front wheel well. If your in a quite area you can here it with out trying, which is how I first noticed. I would rather not take back to dealer yet, just thought I would ask others.

Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I would ask if you could take a listen to yours and report back. I have a Gen 2. Love the truck so far. Although I've only had it for 2 weeks and 500 miles. I have a slight knock that is not the HP fuel pump or injectors. I'm not worried(Yet) as there are a lot of mechanical components moving around in these new engines. With that said, The noise is a faint knock I can here when the truck is running at idle. It is RPM related. I cant here it inside the cabin at all. The best way to here it is to listen through the right front wheel well. If your in a quite area you can here it with out trying, which is how I first noticed. I would rather not take back to dealer yet, just thought I would ask others.

Thanks

Put the video on YouTube and paste the link in your first post.

OP
OP
S

Speedtek

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that! I do believe that's the noise. I haven't been near the truck this week. As soon as I am, I will video and see if it sounds the same. But again I think that's the same noise.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Do not be concerned if the engine sometimes knocks lightly. However, if the engine knocks heavily while using fuel with the recommended octane rating (87), contact an authorized dealer to prevent any engine damage."

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the verdict is, that's normal?
Did you bring the truck to the dealer?
What's the verdict, that's normal?

derekg1988

Reaction score
I went to dealer today. They had just got another raptor in and it makes the same noise. It actually may be a tad louder so I'm assuming it's normal