Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

1. Justimm

Justimm Member

I have a 2010 and a couple days ago I tried to subscribe to Sirius xm. The lady couldn’t figure out how to get it to send to my factory unit. She said maybe it just can’t stream Sirius... is this true?! I would think I should be able to... the only thing she could get to work is the traffic link

2. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Only help I can give you is that my 2012 Sirius works fine - has since 2012.

Justimm likes this.
  3. Justimm

Justimm Member

I thought is was dumb that it couldn’t work... when I put it on Sirius, it plays the preview and tells me to call and activate...

4. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Full Access Member

Need the Stereo ID #. Usually found in settings. VIN should let them access it too

SS308 likes this.
  5. DanT

DanT FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you can get the preview - usually your radio ID scrolls on the screen or dial to the next station and your radio is should display. Give them this radio ID # and SiriusXM then directs signal to your radio. Helps to be outside and no blockage of satellite - sometimes takes a while. I recently reactive XM on my wife’s 2010 vehicle and it worked with no problems. Try website and chat - you might have got to someone who isn’t fully competent in the support role!

SS308 likes this.
  6. mprice1234

mprice1234 Full Access Member

I would definitely try calling again you most certainly will get a different person who hopefully knows what their doing. If travel link and preview works no reason it won't work.

SS308 likes this.
  7. Traffic22

Traffic22 Full Access Member

What the others have said....if you get the preview, should be no problem subscribing. On a side note, don’t pay full price, which is crazy expensive. ($200+ a year.)

Tell them you want the trial or introductory rate, so you can see if you like it.) I pay for a year at a time and pay about $110 with all the taxes and fees.

When renewal is due, I call every year and tell them full price is too expensive to pay for 3 cars and they offer a better rate. If they tell you no, hang up, call back, and talk to a different operator.

I’ve had XM in different cars for 10+ years and usually pay between $95-$120 for a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SS308 likes this.
  8. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

You will find it much, much easier to subscribe than to unsubscribe. Those people do not understand the word "no," and will bill you month by month while they continue to ignore your vain attempts to unsubscribe.

9. jondle

jondle Full Access Member

Mine works fine in a '11. With the streaming now included in every subscription, I keep my truck active because it goes to the desert and I stream that in my car.

SS308 likes this.
  10. Rollofire

Rollofire Full Access Member

I started with XM radio in 2003-4 and after about 6 months they offered lifetime XM for $499.00. At that time everyone was saying don't do it as Satellite radio wouldn't
    last long as no-one would PAY for free radio! Well I still have it :chewie: WOOO HOOO. Oh and by they way I also have it in my boat :33:

SVTWillis, SS308 and Traffic22 like this.