Sirius XM feature for 21?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so hear me out. I have my two pages of presets saved to my favorite channels. After about 2 weeks in my gen 3, i started noticing something strange. I thought it was a coincidence at first, but im past that now....its gotta be legit.....

If you are listening to a channel for a few minutes, and then you change stations [i usually use the right arrow on the wheel], the next station will play a song at the beginning of the song! Change again, same thing. That channel will also be playing a song right at the beginning. Ive tested this for a week. Im convinced. But now my question, how does it do it? Is it sirius or a new ford feature with the radio? Anybody else notice this in their gen 3?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t really noticed but will pay attention now that you mention it. Great feature to have if you ask me. No more “catching a good song in the middle.”

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so hear me out. I have my two pages of presets saved to my favorite channels. After about 2 weeks in my gen 3, i started noticing something strange. I thought it was a coincidence at first, but im past that now....its gotta be legit.....

If you are listening to a channel for a few minutes, and then you change stations [i usually use the right arrow on the wheel], the next station will play a song at the beginning of the song! Change again, same thing. That channel will also be playing a song right at the beginning. Ive tested this for a week. Im convinced. But now my question, how does it do it? Is it sirius or a new ford feature with the radio? Anybody else notice this in their gen 3?
It has been doing that in my 2020 Raptor and 2021 Superduty for a while now. Not every station but most. I noticed it a few times when I hear the start of a song and switch stations and then decide to go back about 10 seconds later and it is on a new song. Lol. Thought I was losing my mind for a bit.

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes… it’s awesome… My 21 XLT and 19 Ram work truck do the same thing !!! Only had the IS37 a couple days but I assumed it would also do that

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have a rewind option with it? My wife's SUV has a ssd that records all of the presets so you can rewind and play from the beginning when you select the preset. It goes back 45 minutes on all presets.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a SIRIUS thing. Happens in my 2020 raptor and on my Sirius app when I stream at work. 99% of the time any channel I go to starts at beginning of song. Happens on pandora as well.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "was" happening on my 20 for about 9 months, and somehow I lost it! I wish I could get it back. I used to show my friends, and they were like "that can't happen, it's just a signal". But it did. I really want it back, but don't know how? Anybody?

OP
OP
stoppard stop

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! Haha i figured it was around and i didnt make a discovery in a gen3, i just had to ask cuz it was buggin me lol

Mazzdog

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their 21 Raptors and Sirius? Up until today it worked fine. What it is doing now is the XM radio sound will start streaming, but then after running for a few minutes and i change the channel; it doesn’t change right away.. sometimes upwards of a minute to change the sound… sometimes the sound will change after waiting a minute or so but the info on the screen doesn’t change with it for several minutes after. Not bad if i listen to one station the whole time… but I’m a channel surfer and jump around a lot… I’ve tried a entire reset which was a pain as i had to update everything the way it was back to my personal settings. CarPlay works fine and i may just use that for everything now. But the truck is a month old.. I’m wondering if there is a fix i can do myself so i don’t take it to dealer for this after less than a month and 1000 miles. I may just keep that on a list, along with the fan from the generator to be handled at my first service and do all at once.