Sirius Voice Command Update File Available at SYNCMyRide.com

Discussion in 'Ford Professional Forum' started by HARLEY6LF250SDU, Jun 13, 2011.

1. HARLEY6LF250SDU

HARLEY6LF250SDU FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sirius Voice Command Update File Available at SYNCMyRide.com (6/13)

The following message was posted to SYNC | Change Songs, Make Phone Calls, Get Directions - All Using Your Voice | Ford.com on June 1, 2011:

'In regards to the incorrect Sirius voice commands concern, we now have a user-installed file that you can download to a USB (flash or thumb) drive. To download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, please follow the steps below:

Download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, which can be found here: http://www.syncmyride.com/siriuschannelnamepatch/BT4T-14D546-GA.zip

When the download is complete, unzip the file to a flash drive. NOTE: Be sure to unzip the file directly onto the flash drive, not into an existing folder.

To properly run the installation on your vehicle, please follow the instructions on the ReadMe.txt which can be found on the zip file. This is a temporary solution for this concern; I will post an update once a more permanent solution is in place.

NOTE: This user-installed file can be used for 2011 Ford Edge and Explorer, Lincoln MKX, and 2012 Ford Focus vehicles exhibiting the Sirius voice command concern.'

2. swoop1156

swoop1156 FRF Addict

I don't have any issues with mine, so I guess I won't need this. :)

3. CineSLR

CineSLR Roaming Shutterbug

is this due to the new channel lineup?

4. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp

It's like you stole the question right out of my mid and posted it for me :)

5. TheJoker

TheJoker FRF Addict

I've never tried voice commands to control Sirius. So, I haven't had any issues. Has anyone else had problems?

6. Crosstx

Crosstx Full Access Member

Dude
    There is soo many handsfree functions i will never remember to use.
    I was bored the other night and played with the voice command on nav while driving. Its a ton of steps to get your destination in but it works pretty darn good.

7. iceman302

iceman302 Full Throttle OG

That's the only way I use the NAV. You can do it while driving. I hate sitting there parked while you type in a destination.