Sirius headache!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to get this topic back on track, LOL, but I just thought I would share my sirius headache from last night.

This topic had me look a little closer at what my company bills on sirius/xm are, and sure enough, we have been paying for NINE radios I no longer own, and many of them I had called to cancel, so they had to refund all kinds of money. I have 600.00 coming back on one account alone.

How did this happen? It turns out that Sirius had three seperate accounts under my name, and rather than turning off my portable radios before they were integrated into vehicles, they simply added a NEW account under the same name and address. Then last year, when I called to question why my charges were so damn high, they told me about the radios on my current account and didnt bother to mention the second older account with 9 radios I dont use anymore or sold off long ago.

So, how did I uncover this wonderful sneaky issue? I cancelled my credit cards these were attached to and had them reissued last month. Sirius started bombarding me with calls AFTER I gave them the CC info for the account I knew about. I got mad and told them to just cancel me, and they said, oh, thats another dept, I have to transfer you (in broken english) then hang up on me. But the calls kept coming, so I did a search for sirius xm executive phone number and found a direct number and called it last night.

The lady was from somewhere 12 hours away, but hell, at least she got all my old radios dropped, and found a THIRD account that had an XM radio from a truck I owned in 2008.

It took just over 51 minutes to get the whole mess fixed.

What a ******* nightmare experience. I want to like Sirius, but damn their customer service sux.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I do still have the one radio hooked up in the raptor, but cancelled the others

Funny thing is I told her I just bought a new Ford Taurus SHO, and it is still under the free service, and she started hitting me up hard for the VIN so they could "have it ready to transfer to my account". I told her no thanks- the dealer may screw up and forget to report it as sold so I might get another 6 months free out of it.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao that is a headache. My sirius expired, not one call. I might sign up for it, its nice having reception in the middle of the bush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD