Sirius headache!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it will come...... i think it was about 2-3 weeks afterwards is when they started calling hard. i did get a call about a month before it was to expire, and that was it till the 2-3 weeks after. i went to my sisters for 3 days, came home and had 15 missed calls from them.... the next time they called i said i wasnt interested and they left me alone... probably cuz they dont have any credit card info.

i was really thinking about renewing when they called to give me a better deal, but reading these, plus a few friends of mine horror stories.... not a chance... i didnt care about the radio part, but i did really really enjoy travel link......

Been at least over a month. I'm not complaining. Based off what everyone has experienced with Sirius, I am GLAD they are not calling me.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to the OP...for I digress...
Dang, busa I thought I was rolling big with my 170Gb of Music...haha
Is all that Mp3 or do you have some FLAC audio in their??
about 2 1/2 TB is mp3 the rest is wav. whenever i need high quality music i use a program to convet mp3 to wav

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to shit the lady up that tells you what channel you switched to? she drives me nucking futs

If you have nav it's under the options. I forget the name of it but is channel announce or something. Just hit off, yes it was annoying as hell!!

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 2 1/2 TB is mp3 the rest is wav. whenever i need high quality music i use a program to convet mp3 to wav

nos.....I think maybe you made a typo here or something? Not much point in converting a lossy mp3 format to a lossless format. AFAIK there's little, if anything, to gain from going in that direction?

Last edited:

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nos.....I think maybe you made a typo here or something? Not much point in converting a lossy mp3 format to a lossless format. AFAIK there's little, if anything, to gain from going in that direction?
Unless you're converting from the source (CD) it's just wasting space to try to upconvert an MP3.

My Sirius subscription ran out a few weeks ago. Wont renew and I don't miss it. I have my iPod hooked up and I get to hear all sorts of different music vs the 20-30 songs on rotation for each station.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since i am an installer, i need to have quality sound when tuning a high end audio system. so i take certain tracks that cover a broad range of frequencies and have converted them to wav. that way i know that the music coming out is pure. with a good quality speaker you can hear the difference between mp3 and wav.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

most of the music is on discs but backed up to my computer, so i have the original format

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I love Sirius!! Perfect reception out in the middle of nowhere!! Customer service isn't the best but it's no worse than some phone companies I have dealt with. I have been with Sirius in all my cars since Howard Stern switched over...that was the only reason I got it and now I don't even listen to him. All our company cars have it so the subscription is $6.99/month for the added radio. No Travel Link or traffic because my phone does that for me. Sirius will be in every car of mine forever!!