Sirius headache!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Just want to vent about what a ****** outfit Sirius is! After my new vehicle subscription ran out I waited for a better offer from Sirius in the mail and sure enough I got an offer for Sirius select radio for six months at 25 bucks and I added the travel link! As my six month subscription was about to run out I called and asked for just the travel and add the traffic drop the radio crap. Well they diconnected my radio right away and charged me for the traffic but it never activated and after six call and hours waiting with the radio on no frickin luck getting the traffic activated. Pissed off I called yet again and told them to drop the traffic that they couldn't get to work and leave the travel link. I bet when I go back out the the truck that will be fricked up too! Yes you can have travel link and or traffic without a radio subscription for you guy's that have been told differently! :banghead:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They sent me a bill for a renewal, and I sent it back with CANCEL written all over it. Two weeks later they sent me another bill for the same amount, and I did the same thing. I also responded to their e-mail indicating that I was cancelling my subscription. Want to bet whether I get billed again?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
there's a reason their stock price was $.05 a few years ago lol. no but seriously, Sirius is a great product IMO but they do outsource their call centers so it's a total crap shoot. my experience was a positive one. just tell them you want the year for $80 or you're cancelling. no reason to wait around.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They sent me a bill for a renewal, and I sent it back with CANCEL written all over it. Two weeks later they sent me another bill for the same amount, and I did the same thing. I also responded to their e-mail indicating that I was cancelling my subscription. Want to bet whether I get billed again?

Next step is to wipe it with your ass. Then send it back. Let's see what they do next

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok now I'm totally confused! I had the 6 month trial and added travel link. I had it set up with my credit card to renew. My trial ended I never got a letter, email, or phone call for renewal and they canceled my travellink as well. I've been told over and over "no travellink without radio subscription" how f***ed up is this company that they have no clue what they offer?

Dave

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a reason their stock price was $.05 a few years ago lol. no but seriously, Sirius is a great product IMO but they do outsource their call centers so it's a total crap shoot. my experience was a positive one. just tell them you want the year for $80 or you're cancelling. no reason to wait around.

I completely agree....great product but they outsource their reps and they are a mess. Just ask to talk to someone higher up and usually you can get someone who will take good care of you. I was already a customer and I just recently moved my pay sub over to the Raptor and replace the free trial. Well they wanted to tack it onto the end of the free sub and start it when it ended in Sept, but have my yearly sub start now...WTF???? Are you kidding me....so almost everyone has a headache with them, but just be patient and move up the line to someone higher up and things usually get resolved pretty good. Good luck!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I know on mine there's a Radio ID for the Sirius radio portion and an ID for the TraveLink part. If you go into info on your radio it'll show two different ones. Maybe that's what you need to only get Travel.

My wife tried to renew our radio and travel and they kept telling her that our radio wasn't capable of doing TravelLink which pissed her off pretty bad because it does, but they wouldn't listen to reason. Computer say no, so I say no, type attitude.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is up for renal, so I call in for the 3 month deal and they wont take my credit card because my card wont let them do automatic updates in the future. Not sure if I want to renew anyway, my favorite music is alternative and they only have one station which is also used for 8 hours of Jason Elise, Tony Hawk, Joe Ramone. What the hell put them some place else, they have 10 F-ing Rap channels. Give me a break what shit and CD quality my ass, sounds like crap.

rap7or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is up for renal, so I call in for the 3 month deal and they wont take my credit card because my card wont let them do automatic updates in the future. Not sure if I want to renew anyway, my favorite music is alternative and they only have one station which is also used for 8 hours of Jason Elise, Tony Hawk, Joe Ramone. What the hell put them some place else, they have 10 F-ing Rap channels. Give me a break what shit and CD quality my ass, sounds like crap.

Faction is a talk show channel that plays a little music. They don't have the same audio gear that the music first channels have so their sound quality is not as good as a music first channel.

Always ask to have your call escalated to someone higher up the food chain if you're not getting the results you want.