Sirius freezing - no sound, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Sirius is malfunctioning, other sources work fine, FM, AM etc. touch sreen response for those sources is normal, sound normal.

Sirius on the other hand keeps freezing up. I will start the truck, having left it on a Sirius channel previous drive, the station is still selected, but there is no sound, unable to select other Sirius channels. I will select another source, no problem, and then try to select Sirius as the source via touch screen, nothing happens, it will not go back into Sirius. I have done several master resets, it will work for a while, sometimes a few weeks, but today, I got in and started the truck, same issue, did master reset, only lasted an hour before freezing again.

Faulty Sirius module maybe?

I suppose I'll have to take it into the dealer, but thought I'd ping the forum first.

Thanks,

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What version of SYNC are you using? I believe one of the recent versions had a Sirius bug. Are you up to date on 21020?

jeffkrgutility

Reaction score
I think Sirius is malfunctioning, other sources work fine, FM, AM etc. touch sreen response for those sources is normal, sound normal.

Sirius on the other hand keeps freezing up. I will start the truck, having left it on a Sirius channel previous drive, the station is still selected, but there is no sound, unable to select other Sirius channels. I will select another source, no problem, and then try to select Sirius as the source via touch screen, nothing happens, it will not go back into Sirius. I have done several master resets, it will work for a while, sometimes a few weeks, but today, I got in and started the truck, same issue, did master reset, only lasted an hour before freezing again.

Faulty Sirius module maybe?

I suppose I'll have to take it into the dealer, but thought I'd ping the forum first.

Thanks,
Mine is doing the same thing. First time didn't clear Forscan changes, second time they changed the ACM, they said that didn't fix but it is working OK. They ordered the other audio/sync module to replace. Will be in next week. Adviser mentioned modules are do talking to each other.