siphoning gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one from Ford before but it didn't work for the Raptor. Not sure was it the same Part number. According to Ford they didn't make one for the Raptor in the United State.

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
I have had similar issues. 1. I drove a couple of full tanks of gas on the freeway. Almost home got off the freeway and back to city driving. Estimated miles went from 100 to 10 in about 8 miles. Second issue is if under 100 estimated miles and I park on an incline for a while it ends up registering 70 miles til empty until I drive it about 5 miles.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the Ford part number of the fuel plug that fits on my 2020 Raptor:

BU5A-9C268-AA

I lifted the part number from the backside of the plug. Sure hope @Oldfart doesn’t spot this post!!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction…the correct and updated part number for the locking filler plug (cap) that fits all GEN 2 Raptors:

BU5Z-9C268-B

I created a new thread on this plug for future searches.

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both my gen1 and my gen2 act the same way. When the fuel gauge gets to 1\2 a tank or so it will start knocking off miles to the tune of about 4 per 1 mile traveled. I just figured it was correcting itself. For example, when I fill the tank it'll read 625 miles to empty. As I'm traveling and it starts to get close to half a tank, it'll be reading like 379 miles to empty ,and then it realizes that's to high of a number, so it starts knocking off the miles quickly to be more accurate. I've watched mine drop 30 miles or more off in a distance of 10 miles. The ironic part is that it usually happens while I'm on a stretch of road that is down hill and my instant mileage is like 27 mpg, lol.
As far as someone siphoning gas, I'm pretty sure there's a caged check ball inside the tank to stop fuel from spilling out in the event of a rollover, making it impossible to get a hose into the tank itself.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i tried to siphon gas out of rick@freedom motorsports gen 1 when he totaled it last year. no luck. (hey, he had a full tank when he wrecked, what can i say?) theres something blocking it where the filler tube meets the gas tank.

as per the op, i know that how the truck is parked will affect the fuel guage. if on an incline (nose up) you will show more fuel than you actually do. if parked on a decline (nose down) you will show less fuel than you actually have. takes a while for it to level out. on an incline, your fuel will drop substantially and you dte will drop. on a decline your dte will show less, but it wont adjust. it will just say you have 100 miles to empty for 10 miles before it changes to 99 miles to empty. what i have seen is once the truck sits for a while, (most likely when the truck sleeps) it will reset itself to the current position of the truck.
That's funny, I didn't know you were trying that. Yep it was full of premium gas.
I thought there is a screen in the tube so you cannot put a tube down and siphon the gas. If someone wants to steal your gas, they usually are drilling a hole in the plastic gas tank and draining it that way.

Last edited: