Single Tire Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 with 48,000 miles was hit in a parking lot. No damage except the front passenger tire. Note was left and they are paying for replacement. Would replacing one tire be ok?

OP
OP
Pikser

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the original tires. 48,000 miles. At the shop so cannot check. Does Ford list any recommendations?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it was hit hard enough do damage a tire you may have more damage to the front end and drivetrain that is not showing up now.
Rim could be bent also.

Good time to use the spare.

OP
OP
Pikser

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is why it is at the shop.
As their insurance is taken care of this I was told that if I can find any official documentation that two or four tires should be replaced then they will cover it.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
48K miles seems really high on any tire unless it's some highway radial (which I hope you don't have on a Raptor). I replace mine every two years right before winter. I typically have around 32-36k miles on them. I like the extra tread depth for snow and channeling rain.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 with 48,000 miles was hit in a parking lot. No damage except the front passenger tire. Note was left and they are paying for replacement. Would replacing one tire be ok?
Wow 48,000!? I never get more than 40,000. Maybe I I replaced mine to soon but when the sipes are gone then they are no good for the snow and rain. New tires is better than Christmas!!

I bet your hub and bearings are damaged. Good luck.

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@48K...its a no brainer...get a new set of 4 for your baby..she will love you for it...LOL...mine were changed at 49K about 1 month before I bought it with 50K...I got lucky...its a $1500 bill for all 4...I'd think Insurance should at least replace a "pair".. cutting your bill in half.