Since I'm about finished killing the gremlins.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice that the fuse 27 relocation hasn't been done. With now 30,000 miles I wonder if I shouldn't take care of that too? Kits are available on line and it looks easy enough to do. Any thoughts on how important it is?
Thanks!

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Yes do it! If for no other reason the peace of mind that its done is worth the small cost of the fuse kit. Murphy's law will always bite you in the ass at the worst time if you don't.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it. Its cheap and easy. If you don't, fuse 27 will get you at the worst possible moment.
This is true. I was like nah it’ll be fine.

Got stuck at the drive-in after ten minutes. Ruined the night, kids had to get a ride with grandparents and I was stuck dealing with this issue for the next two days.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least upgrade the fuse from a micro to a mini.

The blades on the micro are too small to properly seat fully in the fuse receiver and that creates the hot spot melting the fuse and burning the receiver clamp and wiring underneath.

I swapped mine out back in late 2011 when this became an issue on the forum.
I have a high performance fuel pump upgrade to boot,
so far after 11 years everything looks brand new in the fuse 27 location.

IMG_20201222_113813070.jpg

Last edited: