GEN 1 Simple Bed stiffener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Made the truck feel completely different." How is that taken? Did it handle better, are the bed sides that flexy? Can anyone elaborate on why these are a thing?

placebo

I still remember when Guy said new spark plugs gave him a more visceral driving experience and he felt more connected to the road..... spark plugs...

OP
OP
C

CCMCJONES

Reaction score
"Made the truck feel completely different." How is that taken? Did it handle better, are the bed sides that flexy? Can anyone elaborate on why these are a thing?
It felt more planted, hard to explain but I'll try. Have you ever hit a bump and then a split second later you hear or feel the the bed (rear end) Shake. Afterwards it felt more connected to the rest of the vehicle.

On my taco it even took a ratchet strap to install one side because there was about a 1/2" gap on one side from the vertical bracket.

placebo

I still remember when Guy said new spark plugs gave him a more visceral driving experience and he felt more connected to the road..... spark plugs...
I'm not here to convince anybody of anything. But I guess bed Flex is also Placebo? or your eyes just crooked?

I started this thread for a personal reason, to find that product that a lot of people sell for Tacoma's that are readily available for $110. Now $400 is a bit steep to spend on that but I'm willing to do the $160

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
There is another one ror gen 1 which is hidden inside the bedside uprights. I can't remember who makes it lock someone else might.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another one ror gen 1 which is hidden inside the bedside uprights. I can't remember who makes it lock someone else might.

SDHQ used to offer the hidden ones for Gen1 Raptors but their site doesn't seem to have them there anymore. It was not unlike this Tundra one they currently offer.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I use a ratchet strap between the uprights. Just stick it in the hole on each side and snug it up. Haven't had any issues with the tonneau despite some spirited driving.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the forged offroad bedrack that has the bed reinforement and love it looks badass and also has the added benefit of having a bottle opener!