Simple Aftermarket Wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08ak11

Reaction score
Bought a used 2011 that came with some 20" wheels that rub (Outlaw Hollywoods).

I would prefer to go back to stock 17 size, but i have a simple question i was hoping experienced folks could answer.

Is there a certain level of wheel toughness the raptor needs to handle the rigors the truck was designed to handle? There isnt really a wheel spec that indicates its toughness right? (i see load specs, but nothing else)

I see wheels weighing in at 21 pounds+ when the stock wheel is 31 pounds and i get nervous that these new wheels are some how weak and will break under raptor levels of use...

thanks for your advice and guidance!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bought a used 2011 that came with some 20" wheels that rub (Outlaw Hollywoods).

I would prefer to go back to stock 17 size, but i have a simple question i was hoping experienced folks could answer.

Is there a certain level of wheel toughness the raptor needs to handle the rigors the truck was designed to handle? There isnt really a wheel spec that indicates its toughness right? (i see load specs, but nothing else)

I see wheels weighing in at 21 pounds+ when the stock wheel is 31 pounds and i get nervous that these new wheels are some how weak and will break under raptor levels of use...

thanks for your advice and guidance!

Most wheels are made very similar. Cast 1 piece made overseas. The Methods are probably the most used on this site and I haven't seen any structural issues. I wouldn't be too concerned about weight/toughness. I've seen plenty of members with the 24lb Method Roost jump their trucks and take them 100+ mile off road runs.

Out of curiosity, what 17" wheel only weighs 21 pounds?

OP
OP

08ak11

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

according to discount these are 21 pounds, i wasn't trying to find the lightest out there but i was struck by the vast differences.

MB WHEELS
CHAOS 6LG
17 X8.5 6-135.00 25 BKMTML
ITEM: 61026

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

according to discount these are 21 pounds, i wasn't trying to find the lightest out there but i was struck by the vast differences.

MB WHEELS
CHAOS 6LG
17 X8.5 6-135.00 25 BKMTML
ITEM: 61026

That definitely looks to be the lightest I've seen. Wow!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just looked up the style.....yes they are light but look like a generic tuner wheel.....Go Methods or Fuel, they would look at home on the Raptor.

OP
OP

08ak11

Reaction score
your just talking aesthetics though right, there is no functional reason why they are not appropriate.