Silver Lake Dunes and my 37pp. Wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we were wondering why you had your hitch in there like that...

i have the blue gen2 scab with the american flag, and my buddies had the white and leadfoot gen2 limo cabs..
Yeah…. Forgot to take it out. My buddy mentioned it to me at the end of the day. Watched a few videos, and saw it drag on a couple of the steeper dunes.

Wishing I would’ve stopped and said hello. That side hill was fun.

Attachments

• 642BA1E9-FE0D-4350-BB93-B4451DFE4B7A.jpeg
    642BA1E9-FE0D-4350-BB93-B4451DFE4B7A.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 43

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fun as hell. Lived in MI for the last few years but I always ended up in the Grayling area instead of Silver Lake...need to make it out there this summer. What was the flag & mount you used?

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get out there sometime this summer. Looks fun!

How did you affix the safety flag to the tow hook? Any recommendations on where to get an appropriate height safety flag?

USA

Reaction score
Took my Raptor and RZR to Silver lake ORV park in MI last weekend. All I can say is wow. The rzr was fun, but the Raptor was amazing.
Such a great offroad vehicle in stock form. Took everything I dished out and never skipped a beat.
The suspension is simply amazing.
Saw several Gen 1 and 2 raptors and new Broncos. I was the only Gen 3.
Now I can’t wait to get out west!
So if you own a Gen 3 it’s not worth buying a razor if you’re taking it to the dunes? How would you rate the fun factor of either vehicle?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks fun as hell. Lived in MI for the last few years but I always ended up in the Grayling area instead of Silver Lake...need to make it out there this summer. What was the flag & mount you used?

How did you affix the safety flag to the tow hook? Any recommendations on where to get an appropriate height safety flag?

theres a couple shops up there like duneland or silverback that have the appropriate flags and tow hook mounts..

its basically just a flat bar with a hole for the flag, and a ubolt

Attachments

• 41MliQjGyuL._AC_.jpg
    41MliQjGyuL._AC_.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used one like this... Can't remember where I got mine as I bought it a while ago. Held up fine.

You can buy flags there and mounts too. Didn't see my mount (wasn't looking either), but saw a lot of options.
Flag tip need to be 10ft from the ground after mounting and have a rectangular flag.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you own a Gen 3 it’s not worth buying a razor if you’re taking it to the dunes? How would you rate the fun factor of either vehicle?
Each has their own pros and cons. I use my RZR a lot around where I live, as there are not many full size truck places to run. At least that I am aware of.
For the dunes specifically, if I had to choose one, it would the Raptor. Just a blast... and it did most everything I could do in my RZR.

USA

Reaction score
Each has their own pros and cons. I use my RZR a lot around where I live, as there are not many full size truck places to run. At least that I am aware of.
For the dunes specifically, if I had to choose one, it would the Raptor. Just a blast... and it did most everything I could do in my RZR.
Thanks, that’s helpful!