Signal 7 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2012 6.2L Ford Raptor daily driver and finally got all the parts in to start my project... the goal is to convert the rear and front to a 2017 gen 2 look while still keeping it as a daily. I purchased the rear bedsides and the one piece front end conversion from McNeil Racing. It is a tilt front end sitting on a custom cage all done by McNeil. My buddy owns a bad ass shop called Signal 7 here in Tampa so he is helping me on the build. I bought a f150 bed from a salvage yard so I could start the build and still drive the truck. I have Anzo headlights and taillights. Ridge grappler 37x12.5x18, and 18x9 bronze methods. The truck will end up being a gun metal silver wrap. This is day one.. itll be interesting.. slowly but surely its coming together. Baby is due in a week so sporadically I'll be working on it. Didn't know if anyone would be interested in this kind of build.

20190611_193322.jpg

20190607_111932.jpg

20190607_180225.jpg

20190607_183424.jpg

received_460425318049356.jpeg

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort and money to make a 12 look like a 17. Not sure why you would do that. Hey, to each his own. What about the interior? Any changes to it? IMHO I think your messing up one iconic vehicle trying to look like another. Too many differences in the looks of the cab to fool anyone as to what it is. Resale if ever attempted will crash.

OP
OP
Actionjjackson87
Reaction score
Like you said "to each their own". I love the look of my truck, but i wanna mix it up and try something different that most havent done before. All of the conversions are prerunners and maybe one or two are daily drivers. I dont have anyyyy intentions of ever selling this truck. I like the look of the new gen but i dont want a V6 in a truck, just a preference. I will keep all my parts so if it doesnt turn out how i like it, itll go back. no interior mods, love the interior. I'm not trying to fool anyone, doing this for me ;)

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey my friend I’m not down on you about doing your thing. I just love the looks of the 1st gen and the gen2’s. Your truck as you had it moded was absolute top shelf. Me personally could not mess that up. I have an 18 and so far love the V6. I understand the love of a V8, sometimes I also wish they were still putting it in but things change. Being an old motor head I understand the always looking for some type of improvement or mod to do and am all for doing it my way. You have fun and congrats on the new arrival!

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely dig this, a couple things, I have a like new set of 15+ mirrors if you need them for your project, and what are you doing with your take off parts?

OP
OP
Actionjjackson87
Reaction score
Not changing the mirrors as of now. And if i like the final result im going to sell off the left overs. Im GUESSING $2k for the bed and whole front end (fenders and hood), front bumper is another $1500. Already have someone buying the wheel and tire combo.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
I like where your thoughts are and I am following as well.. I certainly understand your likes of a gen2 with the engine and drive of a gen1... get er done.