Side views folding in at speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was driving down the highway in my 2021 and trying to adjust the side view mirror angle. Instead of clicking the driver side mirror selection button bellow the directional pad I instead accidentally clicked the side view fold button above. To my surprise at highway speeds they folded in and stayed that way. A second push of the button extended them back to normal. Is it just me or does this seam odd/a mistake?
Actually, they finally moved the button to fold where it belongs. In the gen2 that was very easy to do.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the country where narrow roads with logging and chicken trucks are common. I use the mirror fold button while moving a couple times a month. (albeit not at 75 mph) When driving a vehicle that is wider than average, a few inches matters. I've had a mirror damaged in the past and appreciate this feature.
200.gif

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is that, but I find the benefit in aerodynamics to be the big draw. Besides, BLIS is still working, so you still know if someone's in your blind spot.
That argument is worse than arguing the fuel economy benefits of 93 vs 87.

Stop it lol...