GEN 2 side steps...not that I'm cheap, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r8ders

Reaction score
I'll be willing to take those supercab steps off your hand if you take them off

KRoyal

Reaction score
I have an ‘18 SCrew with AMP steps. I love them. But I am getting some chips on the paint. I need to get it fixed and put some clear protective wrap over the area. The steps are awesome though.

83ED9944-E73D-4D14-A369-963F6A8330D1.jpeg A4D562E2-C9B4-48D5-B4C8-50EC6FAA278B.jpeg 06D2FFC9-2BFE-4000-9FD5-2878CD2E32D8.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an ‘18 SCrew with AMP steps. I love them. But I am getting some chips on the paint. I need to get it fixed and put some clear protective wrap over the area. The steps are awesome though.

View attachment 151331 View attachment 151332 View attachment 151333
Yeah, those are great for cruizing the parking lot around starbucks. I actually used 3m clear bra on the bottom of my doors as I was getting chips with the stock boards, so yeah, get something if you leave the parking lot :gay:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Another real nice benefit of the steps being so far out is they absorb Prius doors and such before you get the door ding!

’Tis true. Inattentive, cell-yakking, peasant car owners/drivers are inexplicably drawn to Raptors in parking lots. Hysterical to sit in the truck and snicker at them when they throw their peasant car doors into those steps.

this is true. I miss that protection, but always park far enough away it’s usually not a problem.

If it’s not bad enough that these peasants are inexplicably drawn to the Raptor, they’re prone to troll us as well. I heard one of them tell her g/f - “Watch me ruin this couple’s photo” as they parked their POS x5 next to us.

BFD. I pulled over 2 spaces and from almost every angle completely obstructed view of their peasant-mobile, and got good photos. I think that was Hatteras, but close by if not there.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you intend to use your Raptor for what it was made for, then it would be best to keep those stock steps. If it's a Starbucks runner, Amps are your best bet

OP
OP
S

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's bad form to hijack a thread, but hey, it's my thread.... ;) Thank you to Peterb I think I'm probably gonna go with Rocky Road Outfitters sliders. I'm looking for a minimalist approach that still protects the rockers, provides a step and is bolt on. My only concern is I pick up about 80ish pounds heavier than stock. Ideas?

Part two. When I bought the truck I ended up with the Ford accessory rocker panel covers which turned out to be a high priced Bushwacker part. I also had about the lower 12 inches or so of the doors between the wheel arches wrapped with 3M 3mil satin black-looks good. So the door sill protectors actually pop outside the door sills just behind the suicide doors and wrap the last few inches of the cab possibly protecting the leading edge of the bed.

Question. Do we get a lot of road rash in the last few inches of the cab and on the front edge of the bed or is it just aft of the wheels?

This is relevant because the door sill protectors look like a water trap and I'm thinking of cutting them off where they pop outside the door sills and cover the last few inches of the cab... This would leave the 3 mil wrap in place which would help some I guess...

OP
OP
S

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Peterb! He sent me pictures and the answer I came up with was the little bit of the exterior of the cab that the sill protectors covered was not worth it. If you use it off road the whole area gets sorta rashed anyway. And they looked like they would hold water against the outside of the cab when it rained so I cut the sill protectors off where they turned to go outside the cab. Best to use clear bra or wrap or Linex or some other solution for the rash.