GEN 2 side steps...not that I'm cheap, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2020 supercab and the side steps sticking way out bugs me...and being a fabricator from way back I was wondering if anybody makes different or modified their own mounting brackets to tuck the factory running boards in tighter and raise them up. When you open the doors you get several more inches in width so you could move them inboard and it looks to me like a great way to get a cleaner look and some more ground clearance. Ideas?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably more effective to buy new ones
khc, rpg, rocky road outfitters, forged off road

OP
OP
S

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is white and I intend to shamelessly copy what I saw another Raptor owner do and wrap the lower 12 or so inches of the doors just below the body mold line with black wrap. It will protect and really gets away from the white blob look.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another real nice benefit of the steps being so far out is they absorb Prius doors and such before you get the door ding!

this is true. I miss that protection, but always park far enough away it’s usually not a problem.