Side mirror parking lights with Boost Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks @WynstonWolf it worked, i got bored and went out to do this.

noticing some weird behavior i'm not sure i had previously

with lock/unlock, the mirror turn signals normally come on briefly. my passenger side still only flickers on and off, like a fast blink with bulb out.

does anyone else have such and issue? going to try disconnecting the unit and seeing if it works normally tomorrow.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
Mine still function as they used to with lock/unlock. It’s a regular blink. You’ve got a good idea to reassemble to stock and see if condition persists. Hopefully is just something simple and you’ll get it fixed and up and running. Good luck

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine still function as they used to with lock/unlock. It’s a regular blink. You’ve got a good idea to reassemble to stock and see if condition persists. Hopefully is just something simple and you’ll get it fixed and up and running. Good luck
seems like my one module has a minor defect. see what boostuato tells me when they are open monday.

but great mod. extra visibility!

OP
OP
BlueBloodedRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks WynstonWolf! Any concerns with the residual blinker voltage going back through the camera? Its minimal and may only be flux voltage but when I had my wire tester and was checking voltage on pin 12, while I didnt have 12 volts with the parking lights on, I did notice that I had about .03 volts every time the blinker flashed...probably of zero concern...just wanted to gauge your thoughts as your setup would put the stray volts back through the camera. I dont think it would matter really but Im not an expert.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
I’ve had so adverse conditions from it. That voltage should be stopped by the module from boost. I believe there is a diode in it. If by chance there was any stray voltage back feeding it’s going into a 12v source that’s hot while the truck is operating, thus should not have any influence on the camera. If it was going into a signal wire or such then I’d have concern.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a email on boostauto, they are working on my issue. They also noted that when tapped into camera for power. the side parking lights will turn off at 20mph when the cameras will be turned off... @WynstonWolf do you notice this?

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
Well, I decided to check and see if this was the case. So I folded mirrors and drove down road, guess what, lights go out over 20mph. So back to the drawing board.