Side mirror parking lights with Boost Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone else do the Boost Auto parking/blinker light mod to their truck? I did the mod...followed instructions to the letter...all lights in the mirror work as they did stock to include the blinker, puddle, and spot lights. I started troubleshooting and found that I do not have any power to the wire that is supposed to be for parking lights on the 22 pin connector. The parking light wire is pin 12 and no matter what head light config I am in, auto (with the sensor covered so it switches to night mode), on, or just parking lights.

This is the mod that I did...except I did it the right way with solder and heat shrink. Double checked all my connections and they are good...I figured they had to be fine for the other functions of the mirror lights to still be working...but I still checked continuity with my meter to be sure. All good.

Anyone else do a similar mod with any luck or know why I may not be getting power to my parking light wire on the mirror? I also looked just to be sure and the parking light fuse looks to be fine...all the other parking lights still work fine as well.

I'm at a loss and have no idea where the input power is supposed to come from for that wire. I havent pulled the door panel as I really dont want to mess with that if I don't absolutely have to. Any help is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
BlueBloodedRaptor
Reaction score
So far no...I am digging around the FORScan forums and still coming up empty. I believe that it will need to be changed in one of the many control modules. I will keep looking and post back any revelations I discover. If anyone else figures it out...please chime in.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
Ok. I’ve got a 2019 as well. I’ve done a bunch of FORscan mods and pretty familiar with the program. I can’t imagine anything affects that system. I’ve done lighting mods as well with it and it just alters what comes on at what time. If that makes sense. I ordered same kit so I’ll be working the mod as well. If I find anything I’ll post up also.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
So FYI. I tested all my wires in the 22 pin connector for the mirror and only two are hot. The one for puddle light when door is open and spot light when switch is pressed. The blinker lead works with turn signal on and that’s it. So the install video does not hold true. More to follow.

Last edited:

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
So follow up. Pulled the moldex connectors apart at the door and tested all pins. No hot pin with parking lights on. The kicker is I tested my buddies 2017 Raptor and pin 12 was hot with parking lights. Go figure. It’s apparently a difference in the 2019 model.

OP
OP
BlueBloodedRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks WynstonWolf! Im glad its not just me and that my situation isnt a one-off. After I spoke with Boost Auto...they clarified that based on the info they had, it should work but as the 2019s are still relatively new, I was the first 2019 Raptor that they have dealt with. They are going to try to get it resolved too and are looking for a 2019 Raptor client near them to use. Thanks again for the info. I will post back any thing else I find too.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a 2018 802a, installed this today and this does not work, @WynstonWolf @BlueBloodedRaptor can you pass that information onto boost auto also?
my blinkers work as normal.
but when locking and unlocking my truck, my drivers side mirror turn signal stays on for a bit like a turn would, where as my passenger side fast blinks and off.

installed mine with toolless wire connectors which i've had good luck with everywhere else.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
So. I checked my buddies 2017 raptor and his has power to the 12 pin on the 22 pin connector. But good news guys, I found a workaround. I took the signal wire power from the 4 pin plug just below the 22 pin. It’s the light blue wire that supplies power to the mirror camera It’s hot with the key so you’ll have mirror marker lights when the truck is on. It functions as normal with blinker. I’ve got some video proof and pictures. It took about 10 min to do per side and used existing hardware that shipped with the kit.