Side mirror damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KeithV

KeithV

Reaction score
Did it to mine and it was covered under my glass coverage on my insurance. They gave cash and I ordered one at my local body shop. Took old off myself and took it apart cause the new one doesn't come painted. Disassembled old one for the painted cap and all done. Easy to do. Check ur insurance for ur glass coverage. I also shattered the mirror part

Iowa doesn't have separate glass coverage :mad:, but my glass was fine anyway. Just black plastic trim and cap broken. I just bought a used but good condition OEM full mirror with Ruby Red cap for $225 on ebay and can just swap the trim and cap onto mine. Plus then I have a few spare parts if needed like power folding motor and lights. Thanks for everyone's advice/help! :happy160:

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this exact thing. The cheapest bottom of the line Ford OEM mirror will fit. They have panels that pop out for blinker, step light, etc. Just buy the cheap one on fleabay and replace what you need.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did similar damage (but way worse, it was just a cluster hanging). I bought an aftermarket one, everything works great but the arm isn't as firm/stable as OEM and vibrates like a bitch at speed or off-road completely unusable. Was going to buy a used on off ebay and can get them all day without the camera, is it a big deal to swap in the camera a plug?