Side Mirror Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I am seeing a blue screen on my passenger side mirror camera. I am pretty sure the camera still works but it hasn't since I got the thing repainted. I know I could take it back to them but they are far away and I would rather just take care of it myself.

Does anyone have any clues or ideas where to start to find the problem? I am hoping it just did not get plugged back in but I do not know where to start other than removing the door panel. Just would prefer to know before I start hacking away to find it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Camera plug is behind the small panel on the door. Don’t remove the door panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
Antho, are you talking about the panel under the door handle? That and one next to the a-pillar were the only 2 I could find. I tried pulling on both but I did not use much force bc I was unsure exactly how to pry them off.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Antho, are you talking about the panel under the door handle? That and one next to the a-pillar were the only 2 I could find. I tried pulling on both but I did not use much force bc I was unsure exactly how to pry them off.

No. It’s the small panel by the mirror up at the top. Triangle shaped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I finally got my truck back with a new engine but this problem is still there. I did check the plug behind the panel but it was plugged in. I am still seeing nothing but blue. Do I have to replace the camera or is there anything else I can check?

WTFOT

Reaction score
I finally got my truck back with a new engine but this problem is still there. I did check the plug behind the panel but it was plugged in. I am still seeing nothing but blue. Do I have to replace the camera or is there anything else I can check?

Did you get this resolved?