GEN 1 Side Markers, Grill Lights Replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
My 2012 side/grill markers are yellowed. I've searched for threads on this and see the Morimoto Smoked grill lights. But are there matching smoked markers to match the grill. It does appear the Morimotos are plug and play on Gen 1. I see where guys have put Gen 2 smokes for side markers but had to splice in diff connector. I'd like to avoid that.
So are there any aftermarkets that would match the Morimoto Smoked Grill lights. I just want to match lenses.
Actually if there were plug and play with yellow lenses up front and red on the back I would be ok with that. But having the Tux Black, I think the smoked would be nice. Thanks guys

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I'm an idiot. I found the Morimoto side markers also. So does anybody have pics of these in the day/night time? How are they holding up? I assume they are plug and play, looks like Stage 3 has a video of the grill install.
Side Markers
Grill Lights

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had them on my gen2 for a several months and for the price of one oem, you get all the morimoto ones.. they replaced the two front fenders under warranty and about a month later they had moisture inside again.. shortly thereafter one started flickering and of course ford would not honor the parts warranty..

I think they look great.. up close they look a little different when lit, more like a bar, instead of 4 individual led like oem but really from 10ft away looks just the same.

Very nice alternative to the oem which they seem to be having issues with water intrusion for a fair price..20221126_125020.jpg20221126_125033.jpg

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Did you order them and install them?
B8, I did order them from Eastern Shore Retros. I haven't gotten them yet. I think they were waiting on a shipment this week. I've pretty much ordered all Morimoto stuff they make for the Gen1 from ES Retros. Just waiting for stuff to get here. Well I didn't order the 3rd brake light and the Tail Lights are a pre-order and won't be here till Feb.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the Morimoto tails are on back order for me. The headlights are on their way and the rear sequential mirror lights as well. Thinking about ordering those small LED markers as well since mine have been exposed to sun and water far too long.
My truck is mainly garage kept but I was stationed in Riverside for about 3 years and lived in my RV while my truck sat out in the open. Time to renew a lot of parts.

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Did you order them and install them?
So I got all Morimoto'd out. Like you, I'm waiting on the Tail Lights. The previous owner put in aftermarket lights and they were pretty old. They cut the parking light connectors off the truck and straight spliced the wires to the marker lights on the aftermarket head light assembly. So I had to buy connectors and splice them in so I could install the new Morimoto headlights. I installed the rear smoked markers and saw the same thing at the tail lights, where they cut the connectors and spliced the tail light in directly.:mad:
Morimoto
-side markers
-XB hybrid headlights
-side mirror turn signal front and back
I opted not to hook up the DRL for the headlights, so the boundary lights around the headlight only come on with the parking lights or headlights. I might hook up the DRL connection and see if I like it. Maybe since all the new Fords do the DRL around the headlights, maybe I'll like it. I like to run around with my markers on anyway, so the DRL would be dimmed when I did that anyway.

Attachments

• Raptor DF.jpg
    Raptor DF.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Raptor HL.jpg
    Raptor HL.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Raptor Turn.jpg
    Raptor Turn.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 19