Side exit exhaust with rock sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone here running a side exit exhaust that's also running rock sliders? Was curious if there was enough room to get around the sliders, or if I'll end up needing to do an above the axle dump with my dovetailed bed. Also, I'm interested to know if it adds a lot of drone to do the side exit. Thanks!

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump for ideas! I just finished dovetailing my bed and installing my Evil Offroad Banshee rear bumper, so I need to do something with the exhaust. I wouldn't mind doing Lightning style out the side, but I don't think there's gonna be any room for it once I put the RPG Offorad rock sliders on. I'm wondering if I'll just have to dump it over the rear axle.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go outside the bed.

Drone depends on what you have.
Manifolds and stock cats? Can probably dump at axle and be good.
Bed rugs/ rhino bed liner help a lot too.

I have ARH headers, no cats and a magnaflow “cat back” tons of drone at 55-62mph.
Added a magnaflow resonator in between
Still lots of drone and it’s loud
That’s exiting behind the rear passenger wheel.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go outside the bed.

Drone depends on what you have.
Manifolds and stock cats? Can probably dump at axle and be good.
Bed rugs/ rhino bed liner help a lot too.

I have ARH headers, no cats and a magnaflow “cat back” tons of drone at 55-62mph.
Added a magnaflow resonator in between
Still lots of drone and it’s loud
That’s exiting behind the rear passenger wheel.

Most likely I'm gonna do electric cutout right after the headers, and then try and plumb a more quiet resonator and muffler into the system and dump above the axle. I don't feel like there's gonna be enough room for a more quiet setup if I dump it out the side. I wouldn't mind having the best of both worlds of quiet when I want, and loud when I want. Long trips something more quiet would be nice.