Shudder / vibration while stopped in drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
idle in drive is .5-.6, so I"m assuming its idling right around 590-600 RPM. In park its solidly at .6, which makes sense because the trans isn't dragging down on it.

No auto start stop
I have no auto start stop too. someone told me that the vibration gone away after cobb stage 1 tune (Gen 2). I pretty sure this vibration from low idle.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no auto start stop too. someone told me that the vibration gone away after cobb stage 1 tune (Gen 2). I pretty sure this vibration from low idle.
Personally, I have no interest in tuning my DD, so unfortunately that option is out.
I was thinking to bring my truck to local dealer but vibration problem, THEY ALWAYS SAY THAT " IT'S NORMAL "
The dealer won't be able to do anything, they can't adjust your RPM

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne can you chime in here?

Many people have the same “issue” per se with their gen 3’s that have auto start/stop removed.

Idle rpm’s between .500-.600, with what is considered a “shutter” at idle. Mine does it aswell. No performance or functional issues at all. Just noticeably in the seats at a red light or stopped where other trucks with auto-start/stop removed to save fuel.

Last edited:

mustlistenfc

Reaction score

Many people have the same “issue” per se with their gen 3’s that have auto start/stop removed.

Idle rpm’s between .500-.600, with what is considered a “shutter” at idle. Mine does it aswell. No performance or functional issues at all. Just noticeably in the seats at a red light or stopped where other trucks with auto-start/stop removed to save fuel.
Mine doesn't have auto start/stop too. it wasn't major vibration but not normal feeling either at idle...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It sounds like you’re just feeling the vibration of the engine through the truck. I can feel some in my G2, not something I’m concerned with. But I also would not describe it as a shudder, so if maybe G3 is slightly different.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the idle floats from 500-600ish displayed, you feel it as a shudder. I think the vibration is just a harmonic or similar when it dips below 600, and then you feel it stop as it pulls the idle back up. It doesn't feel like a misfire or anything, but it definitely feels "wrong" compared to any other vehicle. Guessing it's just aggressively low idle that they would have avoided if possible for emissions/fuel economy.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
As the idle floats from 500-600ish displayed, you feel it as a shudder. I think the vibration is just a harmonic or similar when it dips below 600, and then you feel it stop as it pulls the idle back up. It doesn't feel like a misfire or anything, but it definitely feels "wrong" compared to any other vehicle. Guessing it's just aggressively low idle that they would have avoided if possible for emissions/fuel economy.
I agree, we just need extra 100 rpm at idle then all shudder problem will be solved.... I have N,P idle at 700rpm ( no vibration ), D,R idle at 600rpm ( vibration ).