Shovels and Overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Key word there is “RESISTANT” good luck with that and if you cut yourself again we are assigning a handler to go with you!
Getting Old Sucks…:( I guess I won’t tell you about todays Machete incident…
I don’t get it, I was so go with it in Panama 40 years ago..
Mfing Fuxk!!:birgits_tiredcoffee:boxed::emotions122:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I feels ya, Brother! Was just having this conversation with a friend yesterday. Everything hurts and stuff is not working like it used to. Well......most stuff. Can a little blue pill make my arm or knee work better?

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deer hunting once in deep snow. Snow was above my bumper. Young and dumber then, but not as dumb as some other guys. They followed me in. Got back to my truck and there as a note under my wiper.

"Got stuck, borrowed your shovel, THANKS".

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you buddy! Shoulder injections due to injuries and my wife and buddies I mountain bike all are like it’s just old age get over it. As they’re all 10 years younger than me. Stupid kids these days, although they are in their 40’s!

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Too many parts. More parts mean more potential failure points - especially if they are small joints and pieces of material that can break or shear.

Shape is not the best. Won’t shovel or scoop as well as a hardware store shovel. This would be a prime example of a “tactical” piece of equipment that doesn’t work as well as it looks cool.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many parts. More parts mean more potential failure points - especially if they are small joints and pieces of material that can break or shear.

Shape is not the best. Won’t shovel or scoop as well as a hardware store shovel. This would be a prime example of a “tactical” piece of equipment that doesn’t work as well as it looks cool.
Really appreciate your input!

STHenry

Reaction score
I read several reviews where the Tyger shovel broke first use out of the box. It would look pretty good for the local Starbucks crowd and you might be able to sell it to one of those other adventure rigs there.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had any problems with it “yet” but I’m not unscrewing and using it in all different ways. When and if it breaks I might go a different route but for now it has worked fine for my needs!