Shouldn't both fog lights turn on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, what am I doing wrong here? Only one fog light on each side comes on. And yes, the cap is off. Pic not the best.
Reach up and flip on the AUX 1 upfitter switch. Up near your sunglsss bin
only the outside fog lights come on with the headlight switch.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Some states are downright puritanical about how many forward facing lights you have, how they’re aimed, how bright they are, etc. You probably know, in TX, it’s a contest for truck owners to see how far they can get the headlights to project without actually adjusting them with the adjusters. Only lift / level and measure :) a lot of east coast states cap forward facing lights at 4, require fogs off with high beams and so forth.

The fogs turn off with high beams by default too, which is adjusted by “bambi mode” in FORSCAN. Another of the concessions to puritanical states. And I’m not joking about this. I’ve been detained for “poorly aimed headlights” - and not too high either. It wasn’t that they were poorly aimed, they were just poor - it was a 70’s Olds. I’ve also had an interesting conversation with an MP about fog lights, when, where and how they may be used on base.

I am still trying to figure out why the Jeepers in TX think it’s ok to run around 24x7 with their B/D Onx or S8 running.