Should I worry about mid perch on a 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that the 2013 is much more sensitive to perch settings than prior years due to the Torsen limited slip in front. I would like to put RPG stage 4 coil over shocks on the front and they are supposed to ride about the height of mid perch with the stock setup.

I want to avoid CV joint/axle failures. Should I worry about this on the 2013? I am really looking for 2013 owners who are on mid or top perch. Input from owners of 2010-2012 won't help, I'm convinced that they have no issue with mid perch but might with top perch.

thanks...joe

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2012 has the torsen. Do better research.

I've got 20k miles with stage 4 at mid perch. No issues related to that yet

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had both the top and mid within hours, i can say that the top looked "lifted". Especially with stock wheels. It drove very rough on the street in the short time i had it. I got my truck up to 90mph on a city street and over a few roundabouts (Hillsborough Street for you Raleigh folk) the night it was on top because my babysitter called to let me know my house was on fire.
(Luckily the FD got there in time and everyone and everything was ok.) It was bouncing all over the place unlike the bottom perch previously and post mid perch.

Mid looks better to me and the ride is magnificent. Ive only had it for a day or so on mid, so reliability is unknown, but i researched the heck out of doing mid for the past year on this forum and haven't heard anyone, 12 or 13, screw or scab, having any issues. All i have read is positive. Not so for top perch

I hope this helps.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 here and just went over 10,000 miles on mid-perch. Lots of those in the dirt. No issues at all. Mine was only on factory perch for the drive home and then into the shop to be changed.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason I have not gone to Mid perch is towing.

With the WD hitch setup, she sits dead level and tows great. With the Mid perch she'd ass squat.

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Mid perch and alignment cams installed @ SDHQ yesterday... I am extremely happy with the new look and the ride.. it's firmed up a bit.. but in a good way..

I'm not sure about the diff problems ... aren't the 3.0 shocks ride height adjustable via spring preload?

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Orange did our mid perch in the garage. I drove it before and after. Gotta tell ya lack of nose dive and the look have me loving it!