Should I upgrade to 3.0 or just rebuild??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdraptor

Reaction score
I am sure there are a bunch a threads already on this topic, I glanced, sorry I'm lazy.

My front shock is leaking oil, probably a blown seal, should I find a shop in San Diego to rebuild or upgrade. I'm weighing my options if I should upgrade to 3.0 Fox's or King's. I want to know is there a noticeable difference between stock and 3.0? How is the ride on the rode. I live in the desert so I do go off roading but don't want to have it ride like shit on the rode.

Any information on the 3.0 front and rear will be appreciated. Pro/cons.

Thanks in advance.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know searching sucks for you young guys. But what I can tell you is it all depends on how you use your truck. Light offroading I would just rebuild that is what I would do and I could just not bring myself to run a cool set of 3.0s in the Michigan winer with all the salt on the roads which is not a problem for you.

3.0s are very cool to look at for sure.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah the rest us decided to spend $4,000+ on 3.0s because they are no better than stock.....

There are so many threads on shocks here, even this dedicated section

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the icons stiffer than the stock shocks on mid perch on the street?

I think about same as mid perch, Not noticeable enough to me. Definitely takes the rougher stuff better. I did a run to Vegas stock, then another run from Vegas a couple weeks later with 3.0 rear shocks and such a difference. Then I went 3.0 in front and went to Baja.

Last edited:

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think about same as mid perch, Not noticeable enough to me. Definitely takes the rougher stuff better. I did a run to Vegas stock, then another run from Vegas a couple weeks later with 3.0 rear shocks and such a difference. Then I went 3.0 in front and went to Baja.

thanks man. I'm still deciding between the fox and icon for the front, on the rear, i'm going with the icon rxt, since I already have icon leaf springs and bump stop kit. I'm going to the EXO vegas run on 1/7, don't know if you are going. If you are going, I would love to get a ride in your truck and see how the icon feels.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man. I'm still deciding between the fox and icon for the front, on the rear, i'm going with the icon rxt, since I already have icon leaf springs and bump stop kit. I'm going to the EXO vegas run on 1/7, don't know if you are going. If you are going, I would love to get a ride in your truck and see how the icon feels.

I'll be there. I just installed RXT springs and I have RXT shocks to replace my Icon Zeta 3.0
Jeremiah EXO3 also has full Icon RXT with 37s look for his Baja video showing off the suspension.
See you there!!!