Should I pull the trigger? 22 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If it was built before the 4500 price increase it may be a good deal for your area. 801A, assuming it has no options? Post up the sticker if you can.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look, I am against paying ADM period, and I would not personally do it. However, everyone's circumstances can dictate different outcomes. $7k over is reasonable - more in the sense that it's not a grotesque abuse of your wallet or what I would consider to be price gouging. It's roughly 10% of the vehicle's MSRP. People are paying that percentage for Kias and Hyundais, so from that perspective it isn't the end of the world. If you are ready to buy a truck, and this is the one you want, then just do it.

Besides, you were willing to pay $5k over, so what's another $2k in the grand scheme of things?

Domsz06

Reaction score
They go for sticker outside the west coast. If not below sticker. I’ve never paid over and I never will. But it’s your money so if you are happy with it get it! I love my Gen 2. Didn’t think I’d ever get rid of it. Till I ordered a R. Lol. Anyway, it’s all about you. You have the money get it. You won’t regret it.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They go for sticker outside the west coast. If not below sticker. I’ve never paid over and I never will. But it’s your money so if you are happy with it get it! I love my Gen 2. Didn’t think I’d ever get rid of it. Till I ordered a R. Lol. Anyway, it’s all about you. You have the money get it. You won’t regret it.
You're definitely more likely to get an order at MSRP, but there aren't a lot of dealers selling stock units at MSRP. They definitely don't go for that here in Texas. I ordered one at MSRP, but it seems like the going price here in Texas is about $20k over. Some dealers sell at $10k over, and yes, there are some of the smaller and/or family dealers that sell at MSRP, but those deals are not easily found.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're definitely more likely to get an order at MSRP, but there aren't a lot of dealers selling stock units at MSRP. They definitely don't go for that here in Texas. I ordered one at MSRP, but it seems like the going price here in Texas is about $20k over. Some dealers sell at $10k over, and yes, there are some of the smaller and/or family dealers that sell at MSRP, but those deals are not easily found.
Yeah I’m in Texas too, I knew 3 dealerships charging msrp for ordering one, but now for 23’s there charging 7,500 over sticker, even if you order one. I only know one charging msrp but they have a long waiting list.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t pay it!!!! Think if you got it to 5k that’s 2k you have for aftermarket accessories. Even 5k is a lot. There are some out there out of state, have it shipped! Couple California buddies did just that, got them for MSRP
Shipping is 3500

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“I’ve never paid over and I never will.” So just what are you telling us here, that you have a Raptor R on order for MSRP? Those are some good “brownies” you’re eating, my friend, if you catch my drift.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahab yea its 80 without taxes and title
7k seems cheep in SoCal. y’all seem to pay the most markup vs any other state. But, if it is bare bones then that could be why. 80k was pretty steep last year, now with the multiple price increases, 80k is what everyone will be paying going forward. Buy it and post pictures, then I can follow up with “Welcome to the club!”