Should I go two Baja fogs or 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m looking for as much light as possible since my vehicle lives part time actually in Baja. On my old vehicle (Jeep wrangler) I had two Rigid floods mounted on the windshield bracket. This gave a huge amount of light and I could see everything I needed. Would 3 lights but located in the fog light area give the same amount or is the higher up position the reason why those were so effective?

badclam

Reaction score
I work on boats and we run the best most powerful lights available for fog and rain. Let me clear some things up....If fog lights are used strictly for fog, they need to be pointed low, but the too much light being counter productive is confusing and if you mean too much power is counter productive, that's not true. The most important factors for fog lights is color and beam. The higher the temperature of the color, the shorter the wavelength, and the more it will reflect and blind you. Meaning you want lights with longer wavelength toward the amber color, 3000, as the higher temperatures, 5500 plus are worthless. This applies to not just fog and rain, but smoke, dust and snow as well. First responders use flashlights mostly in the 5000 temperature range with the most lumens possible for size and battery life requirements....High power spot type lights, not flood patterns, in lower temperatures, are best for penetrating all types of particulates, and will give you the longest range of view in all but clear conditions.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m looking for as much light as possible since my vehicle lives part time actually in Baja. On my old vehicle (Jeep wrangler) I had two Rigid floods mounted on the windshield bracket. This gave a huge amount of light and I could see everything I needed. Would 3 lights but located in the fog light area give the same amount or is the higher up position the reason why those were so effective?

Higher up is better for long range lighting. As you are higher up and it'll clear the bumps in the road better.

You can still get some decent range in the fog area but it's low. So if your trail has lots of woooops (how do you even spell that, i know how to say it, but spelling? lol) then the light might hit the bumps in the road and not go as far. But it'll definitly help illuminate things down the trail on a flat area.

Check out our Triple Fog Kits. My favorite setup is this:

Squadron Pro Wide Cornering
Squadron Pro Wide Cornering Amber
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

This gives me a Wide cornering light in both color temps based on the weather. I drive on public roads so my lights are aimed low at the ground. Then the Driving/Combo is a great "off-road" light to throw light down range.

Now... one thing you could do is just go with the Squadron Pro Spot instead of the Drivnig/Combo. You ALREADY have the W/C in that setup, so the spot will be dedicated for spot use. This way you have 4 Wide Cornering in white and 4 Spots in white. Since it's a 4 quadrant lens.

Use coupon code FOGS and you'll save 5% on the kit. They are in stock and ship right away from us,

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-f-150-raptor/

You may want to do a pillar mounted kit also to really throw that light down range. For that i'd recommend XL80s. Driving/Combo is the most popular but if range is your goal, we're happy to swap out the Driving/Combo lenses to Spot before we ship it OR you can buy an extra set of lenses (Baja doesn't sell the XL80 as a spot pre-configured, but since we stock them, we can always swap lenses out)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-raptor/

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A fog kit will definitely get you seeing some long range if you pair together the right light patterns. If you spend a lot of time in Baja though I'd definitely recommend something on the roof or A pillar. We've got several fog light kits made right here in the US such as our universal fog light kit, dual bezel kit, and triple bezel kit which is awesome for a super OEM look. The Bezel kits are unique to us and the quality is unbeatable.

We've got a TON of stuff in stock and a bunch of options for different lights and kits for your Raptor. We always get great deals for forum members. We can get ya anything you need and get it sent out fast with great service.

Check out all our fog light kits here:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you both for some great info. I just got the plates in the mail so it’s first Baja trip is next week to take a new refrigerator to my house as my other one finally broke.

I said I would never put another set of windshield brackets on another truck ever again because the metal on metal causes corrosion and rust and ruins the paint but these look to mount on the inside and come up through the hood?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you both for some great info. I just got the plates in the mail so it’s first Baja trip is next week to take a new refrigerator to my house as my other one finally broke.

I said I would never put another set of windshield brackets on another truck ever again because the metal on metal causes corrosion and rust and ruins the paint but these look to mount on the inside and come up through the hood?

Nothing drils into the hood/etc... it's all bolt on using existing factory bolts.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-raptor/

It'll use 2 factory mounting points and sits under the cowl