Should I Buy, or Walk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Heated mirrors were back on. The steering wheel heat was the only thing removed on EB raptors. Not sure about the R. I believe that got ASP and heated wheel removed.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have an inbound '23 with the 37 PP coming soon at MSRP. It's already been built and awaiting shipment. That's the easy part. In anticipation of the truck, I have been pouring over the posts on this forum (good, bad, and ugly) over the past few months. We all know that people with issues always go to the forums to voice their concerns. That being the case, I am concerned with the seemingly large list of issues with these trucks.

-Exhaust rattle. It's tough to say how may have the issue. Is it a lot, or a few? Ford was supposed to fix this a month ago, and there's still no resolution.
-B&O stereo problems. Is the high pitch squealing common, or just a few cases? I don't want to have to carry a 10mm in my front pocket like that one guy described having to disconnect the battery once a week.
-It sounds like the suspension clunk was addressed, or was it? I don't know if it too early to tell on that.
-Heated wheel. While not an issue for more than half of the members on here, I'm in MN. It's cold here! I doubt that there will be a way to add it later as they have already eliminated the button. It's not the end of the world, but it honestly ****** me off that every other MFG can provide this feature, but Ford doesn't care; not even for $89k.
-Overall COVID quality? There have been issues with the paint and other items (pre delivery inspection post).

I have a very nice 2021 Ram 1500 Limited that works very well for me. It has ram boxes and the multifunction tailgate. Honestly, it is a better truck for what I do/need as a daily driver, but I really love the looks of the Raptor! Obviously, common sense is out the window when contemplating one of these trucks. I am left second guessing the purchase for the above reasons. I also wonder if I should wait to see if they add the 'deleted' items back from the 2021 models in the future. Should I try to wait another 6 mos/yr to see if they put those options back, or just grab this one and call it a day?

Input and perspective is appreciated.
If everyone buying a new car pored over the forums for problems and worried that much about them, there would be no new cars sold. Wasted time and energy.

Reaction score
Bought a 2022 in August 5k above MSRP. No exhaust rattle, no auto-start stop (its a good delete) and tailgate emblem delete (looks good though). I did experience the BO stereo blast once but it hasn't done it since. Only other minor issue is driver side seat hook, 1 pops off the seat frame (will get that fixed at the dealer). Dude get the Raptor it's a blast to drive, hear and suspension is the best I've riden in. You don't like it later for whatever reason put it up for sale and you'll have 10 calls a day!

V BERGH

Reaction score
For what it's worth, here is my experience. I have 2022 with 37 PP. I've put 8k miles on it in the last 5 months. My two biggest gripes: 1. Weird battery issue going on where my truck goes into "deep sleep" mode because something is draining the battery. Nothing is plugged in causing the drain. I'm worried I have a bad battery. I have a big trip coming up and I will be bringing an extra AGM battery JIC. Phantom battery drain doesn't appear to have been fixed by Ford. 2. The larger problem I have is that I have had the radio/speaker system spontaneously start popping and crackling ultimately resulting in a "white noise" that isn't controlled by the volume...It just goes full roar white noise. When I turn the truck off it continues for several minutes and then will return to normal. Aside from these two problems, I love the truck and would buy it again, but shame on Ford for allowing such large issues to exist.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I have an inbound '23 with the 37 PP coming soon at MSRP. It's already been built and awaiting shipment. That's the easy part. In anticipation of the truck, I have been pouring over the posts on this forum (good, bad, and ugly) over the past few months. We all know that people with issues always go to the forums to voice their concerns. That being the case, I am concerned with the seemingly large list of issues with these trucks.

-Exhaust rattle. It's tough to say how may have the issue. Is it a lot, or a few? Ford was supposed to fix this a month ago, and there's still no resolution.
-B&O stereo problems. Is the high pitch squealing common, or just a few cases? I don't want to have to carry a 10mm in my front pocket like that one guy described having to disconnect the battery once a week.
-It sounds like the suspension clunk was addressed, or was it? I don't know if it too early to tell on that.
-Heated wheel. While not an issue for more than half of the members on here, I'm in MN. It's cold here! I doubt that there will be a way to add it later as they have already eliminated the button. It's not the end of the world, but it honestly ****** me off that every other MFG can provide this feature, but Ford doesn't care; not even for $89k.
-Overall COVID quality? There have been issues with the paint and other items (pre delivery inspection post).

I have a very nice 2021 Ram 1500 Limited that works very well for me. It has ram boxes and the multifunction tailgate. Honestly, it is a better truck for what I do/need as a daily driver, but I really love the looks of the Raptor! Obviously, common sense is out the window when contemplating one of these trucks. I am left second guessing the purchase for the above reasons. I also wonder if I should wait to see if they add the 'deleted' items back from the 2021 models in the future. Should I try to wait another 6 mos/yr to see if they put those options back, or just grab this one and call it a day?

Input and perspective is appreciated.
I’d wait. If you can’t get all the features…pass. I have a 2021 Raptor with all the features here in the Midwest. I’m not going without a heated steering wheel. Or whatever else Ford wants to delete.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That's an understatement.
Wife has a TRD pro and I can’t stand riding in it. The seats suck and no power. I will admit it never been to the dealer but is boring to drive. Toyotas these days are detuned so much you can’t hurt them.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Write the check, then try and wipe the smile off your face after owning it. It is by far my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned which includes many other cool cars/trucks.
Exactly, you will love it when/if you get it. A Ram is just a truck. When you look back at your truck in the parking lot do you go, damn! You will everytime with a Raptor and it drives/handles awesome on the road, not to mention off road better than any stock vehicle out the box...

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2022 37PP with 14k miles and basically drove it for free. I have a 2023 37pp in avalanche (@msrp) that is built and awaiting shipment minus the heated wheel option. What convinced me to give my order to a buddy is the current auto market, heated wheel delete, and the price increase. The dealer that bought my 22 is still sitting on it and you can see that other expensive "niche" vehicles are not selling now too. I think that middle of next year discounts will return on Raptors (not R's) just like in 2019 and 2020.. I bought a 19 for $8500 off and a 20 for $8500 off, back then the dealers in the south could not give Raptors away. I don't expect big discounts but a couple of grand and not have any deleted options is worth the waiting for. High interest rates and inflation will bring back auto market to what is was like precovid.

I took delivery of a 2022 F250 Tremor Platinum that I had ordered Dec 2021, never thought it would get built. My order was price protected and I got 4% off invoice so I am in a good position in regards to depreciation. I plan on reordering a Raptor this summer, by then commodity restraints should be over.