Should I Buy, or Walk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As we say here, "if you don't feel it, don't go" but it would be a huge mistake, if you can offer one, do it, try it, and sell it if not happy.
But if you like your actual truck, may you are not in rush, wait your ram break down and come whith us to Ford...

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I really like the Raptor, just wanted to get a feel for how pervasive some of the 'known issues' are. I'm sure that once I see it in person, I'll be writing the check.
Write the check, then try and wipe the smile off your face after owning it. It is by far my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned which includes many other cool cars/trucks.

OP
OP
K

KG885

Reaction score
I'm coming from a japan built Toyota 4Runner, so I feel your concern.

Sold the 4runner today. My truck will be here this week. Hope I don't have much issues to deal with.
Yup. I took a Capstone out for a test drive a while back. The thing was a complete LOW RIDER and didn't sound good. The headlights sucked too. The interior was definitely nicer than the Raptor IMHO.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, I’ve owned 5 F150s since 2017, four Raptors and a Platinum. After I traded my first Raptor for a Porsche, I missed the Raptor. That’s when I got the Platinum, sort of equivalent to your Ram, and then I really missed the Raptor.

None of my F150s have had any major problems. I haven’t had any of the issues you raise above though I’ve seen them here. The exhaust rattle is very minor and only on startup for those who have it.

All that said, I live in NY, you in Minnesota. I’d never buy any vehicle that did not have a heated wheel. I need it. For me, it’s not a luxury it’s a necessity.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an inbound '23 with the 37 PP coming soon at MSRP. It's already been built and awaiting shipment. That's the easy part. In anticipation of the truck, I have been pouring over the posts on this forum (good, bad, and ugly) over the past few months. We all know that people with issues always go to the forums to voice their concerns. That being the case, I am concerned with the seemingly large list of issues with these trucks.

-Exhaust rattle. It's tough to say how may have the issue. Is it a lot, or a few? Ford was supposed to fix this a month ago, and there's still no resolution.
-B&O stereo problems. Is the high pitch squealing common, or just a few cases? I don't want to have to carry a 10mm in my front pocket like that one guy described having to disconnect the battery once a week.
-It sounds like the suspension clunk was addressed, or was it? I don't know if it too early to tell on that.
-Heated wheel. While not an issue for more than half of the members on here, I'm in MN. It's cold here! I doubt that there will be a way to add it later as they have already eliminated the button. It's not the end of the world, but it honestly ****** me off that every other MFG can provide this feature, but Ford doesn't care; not even for $89k.
-Overall COVID quality? There have been issues with the paint and other items (pre delivery inspection post).

I have a very nice 2021 Ram 1500 Limited that works very well for me. It has ram boxes and the multifunction tailgate. Honestly, it is a better truck for what I do/need as a daily driver, but I really love the looks of the Raptor! Obviously, common sense is out the window when contemplating one of these trucks. I am left second guessing the purchase for the above reasons. I also wonder if I should wait to see if they add the 'deleted' items back from the 2021 models in the future. Should I try to wait another 6 mos/yr to see if they put those options back, or just grab this one and call it a day?

Input and perspective is appreciated.
Sounds like you are looking for reasons to walk away. Why would you not?