Should I Buy, or Walk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My XD-S 9 holds 7+1 with the short mag. How to you like the .45 version? A lot of bark in a small package.

it’s a solid gun, but yeah, not for recoil sensitive shooters. Easy enough to be precise with though.

I was thinking XDs 9, until the hellcat came out.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 2021 Ram Rebel that's just been a nightmare. I'm trying to get out of it with as soon as I can. That being said, I feel your pain. Ford has treated us poorly too, and the truck might have an issue or two. I've waited since Feb 1, 2022 and my price has gone up thousands when they forced me to re-order as a '23. I share this because neither company will treat you right. Ram won't even try to fix my truck anymore. Ford screws us out thousands, plus a heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, temperature readouts, etc. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Drive which ever one makes you happier today.

OP
OP
K

KG885

Reaction score
I currently own a 2021 Ram Rebel that's just been a nightmare. I'm trying to get out of it with as soon as I can. That being said, I feel your pain. Ford has treated us poorly too, and the truck might have an issue or two. I've waited since Feb 1, 2022 and my price has gone up thousands when they forced me to re-order as a '23. I share this because neither company will treat you right. Ram won't even try to fix my truck anymore. Ford screws us out thousands, plus a heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, temperature readouts, etc. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Drive which ever one makes you happier today.
Exactly! Part of me want to say EFF it and order an X7 just to get the features and service, but where's the fun in that? The X7s blend into the background. I think the Raptor is the way way go, it's just too bad that Ford can't get it all the way over the goal line.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 802A just passed 50K and it’s a keeper especially over any Mopar, Chevy or Rivian. I used to tow my best friends Power Wagon gone often with my F150, it was always broke, or stuck somewhere.
Raptor gripes after 50K?
None. Favorite vehicle I’ve owned, period.
Shares the garage with our DD Tacoma which reminds me daily how cool the R is.
My dos centavos…
Smokey
:)

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 802A just passed 50K and it’s a keeper especially over any Mopar, Chevy, Rivian or otherwise I used to tow my best friends Power Wagon home often with my F150, it was always broke, or stuck somewhere.
Raptor gripes after 50K?
Nada, just need surgery to remove grin I can’t seem to get rid of.

Favorite vehicle I’ve owned, period.
Shares the garage with our DD Tacoma which reminds me daily how cool the R is.
Don’t talk yourself out of the coolest Truck you’ll ever own.
Smokey

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm coming from a japan built Toyota 4Runner, so I feel your concern.

Sold the 4runner today. My truck will be here this week. Hope I don't have much issues to deal with.
The Raptor is head and shoulders above anything Toyota ever made.

All Toyotas are neutered before they're allowed to be sold. That's why they're all so painfully slow

mclark202

Reaction score
The Raptor is head and shoulders above anything Toyota ever made.

All Toyotas are neutered before they're allowed to be sold. That's why they're all so painfully slow
I’m not talking about speed, I’m talking about quality.
and if anyone seriously thinks a ford is above a Toyota in the quality department, well, that would be laughable.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, as I have a 22 Raptor and my father has a 22 Tundra Capstone.
When we picked up his truck, I instantly noticed how cheap and flimsy ALL of the metal and plastics were on the Tundra. Ride quality was average and the seats were very stiff/uncomfortable for the four hour drive home. No massaging seats bugged me a lot (For the price of the truck). Also, no electric tailgate lift…Sure does look pretty, tho, on the inside! Lots of tech to keep you distracted from the quality and comfort issues! It actually hauls some ass, tho. Not sure what you guys are talking about it being slow. The hybrid system in his Capstone “feels” quicker than the raptor.

OP. I also looked over on the TRX forum, as I have been mulling over my options (I really want a supercharged V8 but can’t justify what dealers are asking for the R). They have more serious problems than our Raptors are currently having... if your getting any Raptor at MSRP, go for it! You could always sell it if your not in love with it. Probably for a little more $ or break even after taxes. If you lose a few grand, so be it. My wife and I have sold other vehicles in the past, just because we decided we didn’t like them as much as we thought we would. That is just life, sometimes. In the end, if you have enough money to afford a vehicle such as this, just do what you think will make you happy. Many members on here have had small issue and still LOVE their trucks!

OP
OP
K

KG885

Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, as I have a 22 Raptor and my father has a 22 Tundra Capstone.
When we picked up his truck, I instantly noticed how cheap and flimsy ALL of the metal and plastics were on the Tundra. Ride quality was average and the seats were very stiff/uncomfortable for the four hour drive home. No massaging seats bugged me a lot (For the price of the truck). Also, no electric tailgate lift…Sure does look pretty, tho, on the inside! Lots of tech to keep you distracted from the quality and comfort issues! It actually hauls some ass, tho. Not sure what you guys are talking about it being slow. The hybrid system in his Capstone “feels” quicker than the raptor.

OP. I also looked over on the TRX forum, as I have been mulling over my options (I really want a supercharged V8 but can’t justify what dealers are asking for the R). They have more serious problems than our Raptors are currently having... if your getting any Raptor at MSRP, go for it! You could always sell it if your not in love with it. Probably for a little more $ or break even after taxes. If you lose a few grand, so be it. My wife and I have sold other vehicles in the past, just because we decided we didn’t like them as much as we thought we would. That is just life, sometimes. In the end, if you have enough money to afford a vehicle such as this, just do what you think will make you happy. Many members on here have had small issue and still LOVE their trucks!
Well said! It's easy to get caught up in this game. In the end, it doesn't really matter. It's just a truck; if I don't like it I can easily move on. FWIW, I also looked at the AT4X. When I first pulled up, I just about mistook it for a Colorado. I don't know what size tires they put on those things, but my leveled Ram on 35s was definitely towering over it. I loved the interior, but didn't love the idea of having to chop the wheel well liners up just to fit 35s under it. Hard pass on that. It would be interesting if GM actually tried to compete against the Raptor, instead of that watered-down AT4X.

RdR2027

Reaction score
I worked for a law enforcement agency for ten years that used pickup trucks for patrol vehicles. We usually drove Ford F250s. They were gas 6.2 FX4s. I wore out three of them putting over 100k desert miles on each one. They each had issues when new, but the warranty covered them. Some of the other deputies had Rams and Chevrolets that were inferior to the Fords, breaking down, and off-road failures. My point is that every vehicle has some issues, but the warranty will cover most everything. I envy you my 23 Raptor is waiting to be built. Dealer says early summer.