Should i buy Ford extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$3,200 for six years or till 100,000 miles

My 2017 currently has about 56,000 miles

I drive about 2,200 miles a month

The warranty will cover whatever is mentioned in the attached pdf. The photograph illustrates what's not covered.

Based on how much I drive, I calculated that I'll have warranty for another 20 months.

Considering the price, what's covered and what's not covered, did you guys suggest I go for it?

Thanks

Attachments

• premium care warranty.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20210616-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20210616-WA0010.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 33

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
You will get all kinds of opinions on this. Warranties are extremely profitable. They aren’t doing you a favor in any way with that plan. Do you feel like you will experience mechanical failure that would amount to 3200 bucks in the next 20 months? Lot of money there.
My choice is no warranty. If something does break then replace it with something better. Or take that 3200 bucks and invest it or squirrel it away. If you need it for repairs it’s there. If you don’t then you have your 3200 bucks back.

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get all kinds of opinions on this. Warranties are extremely profitable. They aren’t doing you a favor in any way with that plan. Do you feel like you will experience mechanical failure that would amount to 3200 bucks in the next 20 months? Lot of money there.
My choice is no warranty. If something does break then replace it with something better. Or take that 3200 bucks and invest it or squirrel it away. If you need it for repairs it’s there. If you don’t then you have your 3200 bucks back.

Will I experience mechanical failure over 3200?
I don't know.
I've never owned a Ford or a Raptor.
Hence this thread.

I guess my question is, how often or how likely will a 2017 raptor experience expensive damage?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Will I experience mechanical failure over 3200?
I don't know.
I've never owned a Ford or a Raptor.
Hence this thread.

I guess my question is, how often or how likely will a 2017 raptor experience expensive damage?
Do you think that money could be better served in an investment account of your own just in case? Or would it be better served in the Ford motor co bank account where it’s gone forever?

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think that money could be better served in an investment account of your own just in case? Or would it be better served in the Ford motor co bank account where it’s gone forever?
heh heh
As an accountant, I understand your point very well.

But a catastrophic failure of 5000 covered by 3200 is good

How likely is my Ford susceptible to failure

thats my question

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
heh heh
As an accountant, I understand your point very well.

But a catastrophic failure of 5000 covered by 3200 is good

How likely is my Ford susceptible to failure

thats my question
F150s are able to easily hit 200-300k miles. Other than a handful of cam phaser rattles and wastegate rattles, neither of which will deadline your truck, there isn’t much to worry about. The EB motor has been around for a minute now and has proven itself.
Again this is just MY opinion and my own acceptance of risk. But to me a blown up motor only means one thing: time to rebuild it with forged internals and put bigger turbos on!!!

OICNW-Rob

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$3,200 for six years or till 100,000 miles

My 2017 currently has about 56,000 miles

I drive about 2,200 miles a month

The warranty will cover whatever is mentioned in the attached pdf. The photograph illustrates what's not covered.

Based on how much I drive, I calculated that I'll have warranty for another 20 months.

Considering the price, what's covered and what's not covered, did you guys suggest I go for it?

Thanks

Your location says you are in Dubai. Does Ford's warranty cover you outside the USA?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say no. Besides the question of whether or not it's the right gamble, living with a warranty means that you can't do whatever you want with the truck. Decide you want to get a new tune, suspension, etc? You're going to have to see how that effects your nanny warranty? Want to take it offroad? Does warranty cover that sort of usage? I'd rather be free.