Should I Buy a Used 2018 or New 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dctesla

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here and looking to get into a Gen 2 Raptor to use as a weekend warrior/sometimes driving daily.

This week I will be looking at a used 2018 Raptor with 49k miles. Lightning blue with 802A. Loaded with all options except bed liner. Price is $53k firm.

Anything I should be worried about with the 2018s or be aware of with that amount of miles?

Is this 2018 a good deal?

Thank you all for your insight in advance.

Last edited:

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here and looking to get into a Gen 2 Raptor to use as a weekend warrior/sometimes driving daily.

This week I will be looking at a used 2018 Raptor with 49k miles. Lightning blue with 802A. Loaded with all options except bed liner. Price is $53k firm.

Anything I should be worried about with the 2018s or be aware of with that amount of miles?

A new 2020 w/802A would be about $70k locally. Is it worth spending the extra ~$20k?

Would you go brand new or used?

Thank you all for your insight in advance.

This is going to be a preference thing. The vehicles look the same and essentially perform the same. Although there are upgrades with the 2020. If an additional $20k is not a pain point for you, go new. I have a 2018 with 51k. I will move to a 2020 later this year. Every situation is different and what works for some will not work for others. No matter what you do - you will have a blast driving a Raptor. On a bad day, driving a Raptor will put a smile on your face.