Should Have Bought a Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. You should flip your Raptor 37 for a huge profit. But if you see a dealership with ADM on a Raptor, make sure to post about it and whine.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate your input, but I have an MBA and understand supply and demand. No need to show me the graph that they teach you in basic economics. Willingness to pay is different from demand, although they are related.

You started this conversation by saying that suppliers are "slow playing it" to increase prices. Suppliers can only affect the supply side of the equation, yet you are trying to convince people that demand = price. I am having a hard time following your logic.

All of that said, I am not really willing to keep investing time in this conversation. I just have a problem when I see people posting something that is patently wrong, I have to set the record straight because I hate lazy generalizations. Carry on.
Oh **** you have an MBA!? By all means carry on then sir

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate your input, but I have an MBA and understand supply and demand. No need to show me the graph that they teach you in basic economics. Willingness to pay is different from demand, although they are related.
Hopefully you can get your money back. Demand is quantified by the price people are willing to pay. Microeconomics 101. You may be an MBA, but if I were you, I would try really hard not to mention it. Just trying to help you out.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the 2.7L EcoBoost engine that's available on the more expensive Bronco models, but the 2.3L EcoBoost on the lower priced Broncos appears to be the same engine that's in the Ranger. And I wouldn't buy a Ranger because of that engine.

I was in the showroom of my local Ford dealership a couple of months ago and they had a new Ranger in the showroom. I looked it over, of course. Could not find the oil filter. It wasn't visible from the open hood, nor could I find it by sliding up under the vehicle. A salesman offered to help me, so I asked him where the oil filter was. He couldn't find it, either! Finally he whipped out his cell phone and looked it up. He squatted down next to the front driver's side tire, peered into the wheel well, and said, "Here it is." You could barely see just a hint of the filter, and there was no way to get two hands on it without removing the front tire. I have changed the oil myself in every vehicle I've ever owned, and that, in my book, is a design feature worth avoiding.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the 2.7L EcoBoost engine that's available on the more expensive Bronco models, but the 2.3L EcoBoost on the lower priced Broncos appears to be the same engine that's in the Ranger. And I wouldn't buy a Ranger because of that engine.

I was in the showroom of my local Ford dealership a couple of months ago and they had a new Ranger in the showroom. I looked it over, of course. Could not find the oil filter. It wasn't visible from the open hood, nor could I find it by sliding up under the vehicle. A salesman offered to help me, so I asked him where the oil filter was. He couldn't find it, either! Finally he whipped out his cell phone and looked it up. He squatted down next to the front driver's side tire, peered into the wheel well, and said, "Here it is." You could barely see just a hint of the filter, and there was no way to get two hands on it without removing the front tire. I have changed the oil myself in every vehicle I've ever owned, and that, in my book, is a design feature worth avoiding.
Like the oil is so easy to change in the 3.5 ** lol!! That filter isn’t ideally placed either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts