Shorty antennas and reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
just a fyi, the radio reception is just fine even without an antenna.

That being said, I rarely ever even listen to the radio, so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't even have an antenna base on my truck anymore. The antenna wire is zip tied to the inner fender structure.

antenna bases tend to tear off or damage CF/ fiberglass, thus we didn't even mount it.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the built right industries. States it has a lifetime warranty on fading and I haven’t noticed any reception loss from the stations that I would listen too

OP
OP
Miamibert

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a fyi, the radio reception is just fine even without an antenna.

That being said, I rarely ever even listen to the radio, so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't even have an antenna base on my truck anymore. The antenna wire is zip tied to the inner fender structure.

antenna bases tend to tear off or damage CF/ fiberglass, thus we didn't even mount it.

I lose HD radio every so often with the full whip, so I have concerns shorting it.

OP
OP
Miamibert

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one on for the looks. I only listen to Sirius which works fine, in fact it works way better than my Jeep did. (Not sure where the Sirius antenna is, but it works well)

The Sirus antenna is on the roof from what I understand.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ronin Factory Stubby. I live in a hilly area. No problem at all with the radio. HD, FM, AM works like the factory.

45525416925_3a59b47048_c.jpg

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Stubby from Craven Speed. Works well, but I bought it just for looks and don't listen to regular radio. Depending how good reception is in your area, results can be way different than mine.