Short antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gainer18

Reaction score
I have the Ronin .50 cal and it does NOT work perfectly. I live in BFE and going from stock to the ronin I lost about half the stations I could previously pick up. But it does look better and I usually stream anyway.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put on a Rydonair and if anything, it has better reception than stock. I'm in a very rural area so if it works well here, it's a pretty good test. It also looks really good with a CF base on it. I got real tired of the oem one wacking on my garage door.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BDKNQWM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
I have the same one. Agree the reception seems better. I did notice the 13 in one I have bends at speed, which looks semi-flaccid. It also has an asymmetrical top which is hard to align facing front to make it look good but I got mine close enough.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same one. Agree the reception seems better. I did notice the 13 in one I have bends at speed, which looks semi-flaccid. It also has an asymmetrical top which is hard to align facing front to make it look good but I got mine close enough.

Mine stays stiff and hard at any speed!! :chewie:I also had to screw around to get it line up front/rear properly. I ended up finding if I screwed the thread stub all the way into the antenna first, and then tightened it on the truck, it was good. I was really impressed how good the reception was. The first time my OEM antenna banged my garage door it scared the shit out of me. It's pretty tight, width wise, I thought I had hit the passenger side.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine stays stiff and hard at any speed!! :chewie:I did have to screw around to get it line up front/rear properly. I ended up finding if I screwed the thread stub all the way into the antenna and then tightened it on the truck, it was good. I was impressed how good the reception was. The first time my OEM antenna banged my garage door it scared the shit out of me. It's pretty tight, width wise, I thought I had hit the passenger side.
Lol. You must not drive above 50 ;) it bends but not too bad. So yours don’t lean in the wind?

Yea. I was impressed as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

@Oldfart @Donmatteo I have the same antenna. I like it, but it does flex quite a bit on the highway: kinda annoying once you notice it. But aesthetically it looks better than a short stubby antenna. I only use CarPlay and Sirius XM for music, so I can’t comment on its reception compared to stock.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Oldfart @Donmatteo I have the same antenna. I like it, but it does flex quite a bit on the highway: kinda annoying once you notice it. But aesthetically it looks better than a short stubby antenna. I only use CarPlay and Sirius XM for music, so I can’t comment on its reception compared to stock.
I got it in April. I’ve considered going back to the factory one because the flex. Looks awful on the freeway. Agree on the looks. But only below 50 mph :)

I use CarPlay and xm as well.