Short antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What short antenna is everyone using. On my last raptor I had the one that looks like a 50 cal. The reception was junk. I’m just looking for something a little shorter than stock. I park under a car lift, and the antenna hitting it is super annoying. So, I’ve gotta do something.

Thank you
Bob

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will depend on your local signal strength. A short antenna is physically incapable of the same reception as a long one. That’s just how an antenna works. AM won’t be affected pretty much ever, but FM doesn’t have the range.

sparkee13

Reaction score
I got the 'original 6-3/4' from antennas r us, bought it on Amazon. I've been pretty happy with it so far.
I bought a 50 cal antenna a while ago for my work truck, and it's terrible.
Full disclosure - I don't listen to FM that much, but when I do, driving around the same area, I've noticed significantly better reception consistently with the antennas r us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will depend on your local signal strength. A short antenna is physically incapable of the same reception as a long one. That’s just how an antenna works. AM won’t be affected pretty much ever, but FM doesn’t have the range.

Not necessarily “just how it works” the better quality short antennas are solid billet AL, or AL w/ CU core, or in some cases pure CU- not the same as a skinny ass long AL factory one. Maybe the quality of materials/construction + girth make up for shorter height?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily “just how it works” the better quality short antennas are solid billet AL, or AL w/ CU core, or in some cases pure CU- not the same as a skinny ass long AL factory one. Maybe the quality of materials/construction + girth make up for shorter height?
That’s not really how antennas work.