Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Shocks rebuilt here in Northeast

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by BIGt0007, Jun 2, 2014.

1. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Guys,
    I needed to have the stock shocks rebuilt on my truck, & I found a local guy here in CT that is just as passionate about our trucks as we are, and talented to boot!
    Rory at R K Motorsports in Ellington, CT has a ton of off road racing experience. You know the guy is serious about his work when he has a pre runner for his daily driver!
    Immediately after talking with Rory I realized "this guy knows his shit"… he has been in off road racing for over twenty years, has a ton of industry contacts, and he was willing to take the time to explain how my shocks work, what gets worn, and how he was going to bring them back to factory specs.

I just came back from pre running the Dirty Dozen Trip, covering hundreds of miles of gravel roads and hundreds of highway miles, and I could not believe the difference in how the truck handles! It's like a brand new truck!

Rory does all the work himself and has all the tools to get the job done right. His pricing was comparable to Fox and he got the work done very quick.

You can contact him at
    [email protected]
    860 490 6660

2. LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR Full Access Member

Awesome!! thanks man

3. NickPic83

NickPic83 FRF Addict

good to know. thank you!

4. appetites1

appetites1 Full Access Member

just had tyler drop off my front fox shocks to be rebuilt.

spoke with rory at r k motorsports and he sounds like an awesome cat. will let you know how I make out.
    I know tyler is happy with his.

5. BearClaw

BearClaw FRF Addict

Does he buff out that corrosion on the outside of the shocks?

What does he charge to rebuild? How much time?

6. appetites1

appetites1 Full Access Member

the corrosion is not going to buff out.
    I will forward his email to me today as to what he needs to do and his pricing.
    sounds like a very smart, interesting and dynamic guy.
    he also has contacts at fox.
    basic service is $125 per shock which includes oil, nitrogen, seals etc.
    tyler says his are night and day from what they were and are es new as far as performance.
    will forward my emails with rory to you in a bit

7. R K Motorsports

R K Motorsports Member

HELLO ALL..!!!
    Thanks for the prop's Tyler...and glad you had a great time up north...!!! Will get to one of these meetup's soon...would love to hear some of the issue's that you owners are having ...As you have mentioned earlier-I sat down and actually figured out that I have been involved and raced in Off-road for over 30 years....hmpff...seems weird how fast time fly's....One of the many legends of the desert that I have had the chance to meet and enjoy the time and company of his son's and grandson once said:" If I knew I was making History-I would have paid more attention..."I'm Glad to help out anywhere I can -especially with a FORD Product;as that is and has been all I've ever raced,owned and modified...Just simply a great platform to start with.
    FOX,SWAY-AWAY,DOESTCH,KING,BILSTEIN;WALKER EVANS ; THEY ALL HAVE been instrumental in my early racing with Mt Bikes,Quads for Team Honda and early snow-cross with snowmobiles...I truly have had a great career with racing and now..with 2 little ones and just me...I'm looking to give back to the OFF-ROAD world that has given me so much....I'm glad I have met some of the folks out here on the site;hope to meet many more and-as odd as it seems-WE are like the JEEP crowd..extremely passionate about off road and especially our vehicles...As far as the FOX SHOX Dilemma of when to rebuild........ I will give you this.....as a true off road rebuild-able high performance OEM Shock.....ON THEIR (FOX) WEBSITE....MAXIMUM USE AT 100% ON-ROAD USE = 10,000 MILES /Fresh fluid,o-rings and seals-full charge nitrogen.. Once again the trickle down affect from high performance vehicle to consumer has been diluted by a salesman just hoping to make the sale...I'm not trying to make waves -as I have worked in many dealerships;owned my own Fab shop for several years and the result has always been the same...Uneducated customer at time of purchase and dealer responsibility to customer for service..ANYWAY-NOT going down that past direction.So...If I can help out in the suspension market for repair or FORD related question's..feel free to drop a line and I'll do my best.. And as far as aftermarket replacement-there is no comparison from OEM .PERIOD.The shock/suspension world has come so far over the last decade they simply OWN the industry.All the manufacture's are just superior products.Just Fact.Thanks for invite and acceptance;I will keep my opinion's out of the answers to the questions and reply with as much fact as I can ;If I cant then I know someone who can.. ;-) thanks again all; Bsafe R.K.

PeteGav, RaptorScrew, Blind1 and 3 others like this.
  8. BearClaw

BearClaw FRF Addict

Hey RK - after going through the OEX Training last week it was apparent to all that the Raptor is severely lacking in the Rock Slider category. If I gave you a design that can incorporate the existing running board could you fabricate them?

Many on the forum would be interested, I am sure.

appetites1 likes this.
  9. cbs001

cbs001 Full Access Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Rory for the first time a few weeks ago. He came highly recommended from others on the forum. I drove up from NJ and have to say it was time and money well spent.

Rory is passionate about what he does, has a wealth of knowledge regarding suspension, and is meticulous with with his work.

I had planed to have all 4 Fox 3.0's rebuilt, but after working on the fronts, Rory felt that the back did not need to be rebuilt and only needed a nitrogen charge and a little dialing in.

After the work was done I took the truck offroad through the North Maine woods with the rest of the Dirty Dozen Pre-run crew. The truck was night and day both on and offroad.

Thanks Rory for helping finally making the truck drive the way it should. I would recommend him to anyone who needs shocks rebuilt or help with their offroad suspension.

You can reach Rory at 860 - 490 - 6660 or email [email protected]. His web site is: Home

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    TheJoker likes this.
  10. GMAN62465

GMAN62465 Full Access Member

Yes Rory has done some great work for everybody up here in the North East including myself...

His work is totally "shocking!!"

GMAN