Shocks leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fiscomi

Reaction score
Any preferred exchange programs out there. From what reading it seems like forged is pretty good.

sidelock

Reaction score
What determines when to rebuild? Is it something you can see. Is it a specific performance reduction? Is it just the milage? I've got almost 90K on my '13 with very little offroad use. I can't feel any problems with the original Fox shocks. Need advice.Thanks.

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click on the link below and scroll down on the page. it gives the recommended rebuild mileage for your shocks based off of the usage.

Truck Suspension Service | FOX

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Any preferred exchange programs out there. From what reading it seems like forged is pretty good.

Forged Off-road did the rebuild on mine to include setting them at mid perch. Putting the coil overs on are a bit of a pain in the ass with the hand held spring compressors but the overall rebuild and performance is awesome.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What determines when to rebuild? Is it something you can see. Is it a specific performance reduction? Is it just the milage? I've got almost 90K on my '13 with very little offroad use. I can't feel any problems with the original Fox shocks. Need advice.Thanks.

Any leakage like @fiscomi has is the best indicator, as you're either just losing oil or blown the seal between the nitrogen charge and the oil (or most likely both). Mileage is a rough estimate at best. I'm not enamored with the rubber pellet setup Fox uses as it would be a lot easier to check nitrogen pressure with a schrader, but I'm sure some people would try to charge them with air and make matters way worse. It's also not easy to accurately gauge how they "feel" over time so going back to Fox's estimates is better than nothing, I would hazard a guess that at 90k even with minimal pounding yours are long overdue...

Personally since I just rebuilt mine I'm shooting for rebuilding every year; seals and oil cost about $125 for all four now that I have all the tools (and I just rolled 159k). We'll see how that goes heh, time will tell if I can stick to it and at the same time get as much offroad use out of them as I'd like.