Shocks bad???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did some offroading a few week back in Colorado/Utah and I noticed when going over washboards in the road, the rattle up front was atrocious. I can't imagine this being normal. Are my shocks/valves going bad? Shocks are rebuilds with about 30k miles on them, only about about 150 hard offroad miles on them. I took some video (attached)

Attachments

• IMG_6986.mp4
    7.1 MB

Beastalo

Reaction score
I'm not mechanical at all, could be a waste of time but try checking your skid plate bolts. I have a 2013, bought it used and skid plate bolts were missing or loose.

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not mechanical at all, could be a waste of time but try checking your skid plate bolts. I have a 2013, bought it used and skid plate bolts were missing or loose.
They were tight last time I was under it but can't hurt to check again.

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, it took a few weeks to get the links done......been tied up. Got new End links on and things sound better although even roads here are not as bad as the washboards I was on so hard to tell if that truly got rid of it. Time (or my next vacation) will tell. :)

Skid plate bolts are tight as well.