Shocks: 2019 vs 2018 vs 2018 Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C7M7

Reaction score
Are the differences between the shocks on the models on these trucks that much? It seems like the biggest determining factor in the truck I’m interested in comes in the shocks. I was looking into a 2018 Roush suspension with 66k miles for 57k but my concern is the shock replacement for it. I was also wondering if the regular 2018 suspension was good enough, if not going with the live valve 2019 and up. How much does it cost and how long does it take to replace the shocks? My worry with the Roush is exactly that if it costs more and is more complicated.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are you intending on using the truck for? Most people will never reach the limits of the stock suspension. The Fox 3.0 suspension on the Roush should definitely outperform the factory 2018 shocks off road, but if you’re not approaching those limits it’s simply overkill.

The 2019+ Live Valve offer the best combination of on-road and off road performance.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you don't plan on running hard off road, then go with the live valve. I have a '18 but switching to Kings in the spring.