GEN 2 Shock tuning with KING (feedback and tips)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to create this thread since most people don't know that KING offers free shock tuning (socal) to anyone that owns their shocks.

Couple buddies and I went out to meet up with them in the desert yesterday and let me say its some of the most fun i've had in a while. They bring out their factory race support transport vehicle and check all the nitrogen pressure in the shocks, replaced my locknuts on the rear tubes, and rode shotgun with me through a pretty whoop-ty section at some speeds I didnt think a factory truck can do. The tuner himself was pretty surprised I was able to break over 80mph over the section. He said its insane that I was able to do it on a factory body.

The whoops were tight, which u cant tell in the video but from the driver's seat - i wouldve never attempted it without the tuner riding shotgun with me. Here's some videos and pics from the event. Had a blast and plan to do it every few months just to make sure my settings are the best settings for my setup.

TIRES: COOPER STT PRO 37X12.50R17
FRONT SHOCKS: KING 3.0IBP
REAR SHOCKS: KING 3.0 4-TUBE BYPASS
LEAFS: ICON, OPTION 1

VIDEO OF ME RUNNING THE WHOOPS:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLscUw_nnJu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

BabyShower (2 of 29).jpg BabyShower (8 of 29).jpg BabyShower (12 of 29).jpg BabyShower (13 of 29).jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. Curious, are you running wheel spacers in the front?

Yes, 1.75" spacers on a 0 offset wheel. I havent installed the wheel-well liners yet from ADV but i had 0 rub off road even at high speeds (i credit this a lot to KING's tuning).

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can I ask are your fronts off the shelf and what # clicks did they set the compression to?

The height is, yes. The fronts are set to 27 clicks from soft. Keep in mind, theres more to it vs setting the fronts stiff since the rears won't keep up if the fronts are too stiff or vice versa. I have no idea what he did with the rears since it's 8 tubes back there, i didnt even ask. It will also vary on your weight and how you drive the type of terrain you etc.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw this on insta and assumed it was an svc mid travel setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I didn’t realize king did that for customers. Pretty sweet benefit. Do you have to buy direct from king.