Shock Settings on FOX 3.0 Factory Series (A Guide)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. They are for the Gen 1. I thought they were possible the same as the Gen 2 so I posted here too. Sorry. Couldn’t get an answer from anyone in the Gen 1 forum and I was trying to finish the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im installing this week, I would LOVE for someone with Deaver +3's in the rear to measure their preload in the front for level. I know I may have to adjuyst later, but it would be nice to get a preliminary setting off the truck.

Hopefully installing this weekend if the rest of the hardware shows up tomorrow!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im installing this week, I would LOVE for someone with Deaver +3's in the rear to measure their preload in the front for level. I know I may have to adjuyst later, but it would be nice to get a preliminary setting off the truck.

Hopefully installing this weekend if the rest of the hardware shows up tomorrow!
I have +2 Deavers and with the preload set the way fox sets them my truck is level. I’d say you need another inch or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have +2 Deavers and with the preload set the way fox sets them my truck is level. I’d say you need another inch or so.

I bought mine used (1,500 miles on them) so I don't trust the setting, and also, judging by pictures, they are turned way down.

It is noted in the fox documentation that it is a 2:1 ratio, so to raise the front 1" you increase preload by 1/2".

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine used (1,500 miles on them) so I don't trust the setting, and also, judging by pictures, they are turned way down.

It is noted in the fox documentation that it is a 2:1 ratio, so to raise the front 1" you increase preload by 1/2".
I can take a pic of mine for you maybe we can count the threads.