Shock Settings on FOX 3.0 Factory Series (A Guide)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a link to the sheet. Do your rears make noise? Mine sure do! I'm gonna set the rears to the RPG settings this weekend.

Mine are quiet. This is a note from Fox, is this the sound you are hearing?

NOTE: Developed for off-road racing, FOX External Bypass shocks utilize high quality materials and components to provide a wide range of adjustability and unparalled damping performance. Under certain driving conditions, the bypass valves may emit a unique clicking sound as the precision-machined components quickly open and close to meter fluid flow through the bypass circuits. This is considered a normal attribute of racing bypass technology and is designed to deliver highly precise, position sensitive damping control.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My noise literally sounds like a can of loose change attached to the underside of the truck. Almost like the valves are loose in the shocks :)

This is not my truck but this is the exact sound - he is running the Fox 3.0s as well.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are quiet as well. Maybe they're loud and I just cant hear when I'm inside the truck? But from inside you cant hear anything

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that's one of the reasons for the Internal Bypass shocks from the factory...no check valve clicking...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that's one of the reasons for the Internal Bypass shocks from the factory...no check valve clicking...
100%. Now that I know what it is, and something isn't broken or loose, I'm okay with it. It is what it is as they say.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At the suggestion of RPG, I closed all valves (fully clockwise, super stiff) and there is now NO NOISE whatsoever. The rear feels like there is no suspension at all however but it was just for a test.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey when you guys installed the fronts, did you reuse the stock tapered collar that’s sits above the well where the shock goes? The supplied bolts from Fox aren’t long enough to use it and the videos and directions I have read don’t mention anything about it.

Thanks!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey when you guys installed the fronts, did you reuse the stock tapered collar that’s sits above the well where the shock goes? The supplied bolts from Fox aren’t long enough to use it and the videos and directions I have read don’t mention anything about it.

Thanks!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What? The top of the shock has 3 studs built into it, use the supplied nuts from fox the OEM nuts off the OEM shocks don't fit.